After the last update designer become useless to me.

1. Only starts in the second attempt, means that it stays with the logo on the screen doing nothing and need to be closed and only afterwards does star, does this each time not each session.

2. doesn't remember docking or screen position.

3. Layers don't load mostly of the time.

4. Custom keyboard shortcut to send to back doesn't work, it does work the one for sending to front.

5. Paragraph tools doesn't work always  sometimes does some don't, of course i mean with the same paragraph.

6. Many times does crash when listing fonts.

Since updated to El Capitan Fireworks crashes very often and Adobe is not going to update that, you are my hope, but i do work with it, need to trust the app, and I can't even use it now, I remember Corel being the best tool fail on mac.

I do really need your app as there's no other choice in the market and you are making a good job on it, but please make it stable and serious.

Next time about Photo.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

OS 10.11.2 (15C50)

2,4 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

1Tb SDD HD

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

Thank you for the fast answer.

1. Done but still not loading if I left Studio activated. Then need to force exit and restart again, then it loads fast but have to do the docking again.

2. When does load doesn't do it slow anymore after reseting fonts on the system.
3. Custom shortcut was a silly thing, I'm use to "command B" for sending back for all my app, and seems blocked for "Bold" use, NP I can live with this :)
4. Layers still not appearing till Quit, then do appear and I can cancel the quit to be able to see them.
5. The layers problem is specially bad when using desktops as can't be activated and only the first one is useful.
6. Crashing when listing fonts was caused by one of the fonts, the font was rated as good by the Mac typographic catalog, was hard to find it, but the problem seems solved.
7. Paragraph problems still there. Paragraph tools doesn't work always  sometimes does some don't, of course i mean with the same paragraph.

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

Indeed!, thank you!

I have no cocoAspell active but when deactivating dictionaries, I use Spanish native in OS and Catalan added in Library, things seems to work normally all of them!

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

:-)

Glad, that this helped you.

If someone of the affinity-staff is reading this: this can not be a solution. Deactivating dictionaries can only be a workaround for a limited time. I need spell services in my work and want to work with Affinity Designer as well without toggling dictionaries on and off all the time. This bug should be fixed soon.

Spelling isn't working in the current beta? It should do. If you deactivated dictionaries to work around the other problem, did you activate them again afterwards? It's also worth checking that the text language is set to something sensible in the Character panel, and that Text > Spelling > Check spelling while typing is enabled.