You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No reason crashes on designer for iPad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have been getting this lots lately too. Have finally managed to get a video of it happening as it is not consistent when it happens.

For me, this happens mainly in pixel persona (but has occurred with vector brushes). I add new pixel layer, scroll through to the brush i want start to use it and crash.

It seems to be imported brushes are the worst. I’m using some from Frankentoon but it has happened with Daub brushes too. I have hard reset. Deleted brushes/reinstalled and it still happens.

You may also see there is a lag when scrolling though brushes to show the correct brush style (they change to catch up?).

I am using 9.7 iPad Pro currently 15.5. I know 15.6 has been released but i doubt it is this as it happened during previous iOS software.  Affinity is up to date too.

Please see video attached. I think I have covered everything but anything else I hope you can get it sorted!

Here we go again..

I just picked up my iPad Air to try and get into some new work after a while - and it crashed on me! Didn't lose a lot of work, but before I do anymore I thought I'd better come on here and see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues and guess what..

Is this going to be a recurring problem every time there's an iOS update?

There's a big one coming in a few weeks again, so if this issue gets fixed does that mean it'll happen again?

Sorry Affinity team I know you guys are working really hard to keep this software running, and it's a good budget alternative to Adobe but Crashing is a serious bug issue that can potentially cause me to lose a lot of work so I'm afraid if this issue keeps persisting then I'm just going to have to look into alternatives. This is no good. 

10 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

I just picked up my iPad Air to try and get into some new work

Which model of iPad Air do you have, and which version of iPadOS are you on?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

52 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Which model of iPad Air do you have, and which version of iPadOS are you on?

49 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

The latest everything.

As you may have seen from my sig, I’m using iPadOS 15.5 on an iPad Air 2. So I doubt that I’m in a position to help.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

As you may have seen from my sig, I’m using iPadOS 15.5 on an iPad Air 2. So I doubt that I’m in a position to help.

Well thanks anyway. I'm just really logging my issue with the forum so the developers are aware. I came on to see if anyone else was having similar issues and it seems a lot of people are having issues with crashing these days? That's not good.

And this is the second time for me since I started using an iPad. It's not a bug that I can keep working around.

I suffered bugs galore before but now I just bought brand new high spec computer equipment and software. Apple are supposed to be reliable - or at least that's what their marketing and price range would suggest anyway. I know this is third party software but it's just not something I can persistently tolerate.

Hopefully it won't happen again though - but if it does I'll try and make a note of what I was doing at the time and create a new thread.