You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Customer Survey Discussion (split)

12 minutes ago, Xzenor said:

Come on everyone.. make yourself heard in the survey they just sent out.

Not if I have to sign into google.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

You don't. You only have to sign in if you want to save your progress so you can continue tomorrow on a different device (for example). If you don't want or need that then you can just continue without signing into Google. Though I admit, that * mandatory (or whatever the English version might say) makes you think otherwise but it's only mandatory if you want to save progress.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

8 minutes ago, Kokosz said:

Where is the survey? I got no e-mail or any information :(

I got an email. maybe they go out in stages or you're not subscribed to those emails.

I don't know if the URL is personal so I'm not sure if I can just share it.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

4 minutes ago, Xzenor said:

I got an email. maybe they go out in stages or you're not subscribed to those emails.

From which e-mail address did you get this "survey e-mail", could you put this address here (or only beginning)?

• Staff
29 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

You don't, it can be filled in anonymously.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Kokosz said:

From which e-mail address did you get this "survey e-mail", could you put this address here (or only beginning)?

From affinity@serif.com if you opted in to communication from us

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
18 minutes ago, Xzenor said:

The URL is not personal but it's meant for Serif users so better not shared widely on social media.

If you didn't get one try this

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5jIVqW6guaWjDObnVsOa9ZZeuF_o0TmLd-yTadM62k7sGwA/viewform

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

27 minutes ago, Kokosz said:

Where is the survey? I got no e-mail or any information :(

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

From affinity@serif.com if you opted in to communication from us

I have to say that as far as corporate  communications go the notices I get from Affinity is rare but mostly interesting and useful.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

See if yours is in your spam folder. Subject is "Have any feedback for us? Take our new customer survey to share your thoughts."

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I have to agree with @Old Bruceon that.. It's one of the few newsletters I stay subscribed to because it's one of the few that's actually worth it.

@Patrick Connor Do you know if it's a personal link or a generic link shared to everyone? And if it is generic, is it an idea to maybe throws the survey url in "News and information" here on the forum? Putting it here might give skewed result towards a single feature ;)

• Windows 10 Pro
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

• Staff

Oh, it could be personal actually, anonymous but "personal" is my best guess, I'll find out.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 hours ago, Xzenor said:

Come on everyone.. make yourself heard in the survey they just sent out.

Be reasonable though. It's still great software.

I did the survey. Good questions. The only thing I didn’t like was the one suggesting to have a monthly subscription model. I hope it stays perpetual with a single payment for any major upgrade with no subscriptions.

A quick view at that survey's Qs & selections showed some errata in 3rd party software namings ...

• Abine InDesign -> Adobe InDesign
  • Quark Express -> QuarkXPress

... etc.

------------------------------------------

For those missing in ADe for Mac/iPad free transform distortion functions, Amadine (which is nowadays also available for iPads) should have some support for vector based free transform, symmetrical distortion & free distortion.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

@Old Bruce, @Xzenor, @Kokosz, @v_kyr

I have split this discussion from the original thread. Hope that is OK

To ALL Readers.

The Survey has terms and conditions which are VERY IMPORTANT. For example anyone eligible who fills it in (and provides their email address) will get a 25% discount voucher, but only those in eligible countries can win one of the 5 iPad Airs.

For T&Cs please visit affin.co/survey22tc

The Customer Survey has been sent to everyone we plan to send it to. There may be subsequent emails sent in German and Japanese. If you have not had the survey arrive in your inbox, you can simply fill it in here

Below is the exact wording of the survey email 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

Help us improve our customer experience by taking our new survey

Hi Patrick,

Throughout the development of Affinity, we’ve relied on valuable feedback and suggestions from our customers provided through our forums, emails, social media and face-to-face at events.

Now, we’re opening up another channel for you to share your feedback, and as a thank you for completing the survey you’ll be entered into our free prize draw, where five lucky survey-takers will win an iPad Air (with an accompanying Apple pencil).

The aim of our new customer survey is to gather information on a range of topics, including what you create with Affinity, how you use software generally and how you prefer to pay for your software. The answers you give will help us improve our overall customer experience, which is at the heart of everything we do.

We’re also giving everyone who takes part in the survey the option of claiming a 25% discount* to use on our website—and we’ll need your email address to send you that and enter you into the free prize draw. You’ll be able to use the discount on software or add-ons such as brush packs, filters and macros, until the end of August.

START SURVEY

There's no obligation to participate or to share your email address with us. Either way, we appreciate all your support.

Thanks again,
The Affinity Team

*For T&Cs please visit affin.co/survey22tc

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

The discount voucher T&C's don't say anything about not being able to be used to purchase iPad based apps, but there doesn't appear to be any way to use the voucher to do so.  I already own the Desktop version of Affinity Photo, what I want to do is purchase the iPad version now, but there doesn't appear to be any way to use the voucher I received from taking the survey to purchase Affinity Photo for iPad.  I tried putting the code I received into the Redeem area in the App Store but it doesn't recognize it as valid.  Is there any way to use the voucher to buy any of the Affinity products for the iPad?

• Staff

Sorry, @Cavalier that seems to be an oversight. I was asked to check the wording of the T&C's and we seem to have overlooked specifying the voucher is for purchases from the Affinity Store. We cannot offer vouchers for the iPad Store, Mac App Store or Microsoft Store, and so the voucher being Affinity Store specific could certainly have been mentioned. You can put it towards content if you have the applications you want.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

we seem to have overlooked specifying the voucher is for purchases from the Affinity Store.

While it could be clearer, the Ts & Cs do say it's for use at affinity.serif.com, which (in my opinion) at least implies that it's not for use purchasing the iPad apps since you don't sell them there.

3. The discount code can only be used once and redeemed at affinity.serif.com.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, jibbitt said:

Hi there, I filled this out a few days ago, but I didn't receive any voucher yet.

I was starting to wonder if my submission went through properly, as there was no confirmation email either - should I have expected one?

It should be immediate, if you mistyped the email address you could fill it in again. Perhaps the place to start is an email to affinity@serif.com

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd