You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Even though I haven't changed the settings or preferences, color sometimes appears correct, sometimes washed out

I am trying to the art I create in AD to show up correctly on my website. All the native settings of AD are what I create in. When. I export in the native settings, sometimes it comes out correctly on my website, sometimes the images comeout washed out. If you want to really help me, you can look at

I have spent the last 3 nights aiming to get it to work and I am totally stumped. The colors are subtle so redoing everything in RGB is not the answer, it has to somehow work the way it was created.

HELP PLEASE! THANK YOU!

Hi, you have opened multiple threads covering more ore less the same issue, but did not replied to the suggestions given by others.

It would help if you start a real dialogue with those who are trying to help you, meaning: please answer inside the threads, don’t always open new ones. 

This thread looks more like you are trying to create traffic to your website.

1 hour ago, Michael Tronn said:

If you want to really help me, you can look at www.michaeltronngallery.com.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff

Hi Michael Tronn,

Please could you check the settings Not My Fault asked you to in the original thread made regarding this issue?

On 7/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, NotMyFault said:

Check that you are using sRGB in the complete chain:

• Monitor settings (OSD menu), correct white point / color temperature, gamma, brightness etc
  • On Windows, reset any color calibration (there is an assistant showing multiple test images, tweaking gamma etc)
  • OS settings for monitor color profile
  • document color profile
  • GPU driver settings

this Is the easiest way. You can get correct color renderings in any color format beyond sRGB, but this needs careful setup and testing.

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/display-colour-management-in-the-affinity-apps/

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Dear @NotMyFault @Callum Thank you for your suggestions. No, I'm not trying to drum up traffic to a website that isn't working correctly by tricking you. I have been hunting for many nights for a problem that only happens sometimes and is inconsistent.

I am having a legitimate technical issue that has no clear explanation. All of my images are created in the native settings and they are all exported with the same settings and yet sometimes come out one way on their own and sometimes another, CMYK vs JPG.

TBC, for some inexplicable reason, in the export process some are being exported as RGB while others are being exported as CMYK, even from the same file and source material and even when I do not change the settings.

That is the real problem. Why is the program sometimes exporting one way and sometimes another from the same file?

AND... more importantly, how can I control it so that they all always export as they are designed but in an RGB format? 

Below are two examples, one of 4 images in Preview showing the export differences, and the two images on the bottom, which have their settings shown and there is no difference, yet they are still coming out differently online. 

FYI, Since typing the above, it seems I have found a way to control the export to get the images as they are designed. However, prior to lots of experimentation the above is still true, which is that exports were coming out both ways on their own even when I did not change them, which is shown in the two images with rainbow hair below.

If you look at the link, you will see the same image is sometimes coming out correctly on my website and sometimes washed out. It is the same original file / source. In some of the images I even added screenshots of the "color" pop-up settings window and "preferences" window." http://michaeltronngallery.com/the-art/zzz-some-work-some-dont-all-settings-shown/  

FYI These superhero images illustrate the export settings problem. I did not change this manually. The software did this on its own.

unnamed.png

The images below are identical with identical settings and yet are still coming out differently as is obvious.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.18.44 PM.png

CONTINUED AFTER MULTIPLE TRIALS:

While the screenshot "Export for Affinity Photo" was suggested, AD does not have the same options in the drop down as shown. HOWEVER, I tried some things and was able to find something similar that seems to give me the control in the export while maintaining the dark black and color integrity. FINALLY! That said, I do think that there could possibly be a glitch in AD exporting that is the root of all this to begin with since I have never changed any settings to create or export any work, and the print versions and online versions have always been identical up till this week.

Also, please, can you tell me what does "resample" mean? It is shown in a screenshot too.

THANK YOU!

When JPG is selected the color  recomended is not an option....png

THIS MAY BE THE SOLUTION.png

resample 2.png

Export instructions for Affinity Photo.png