You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating Cusp; ALT KEY Conflict of Interest, Again...

When you smooth a node & get two handles.... You might want to use ALT + DRAG to create a cusp, which allows you to move one handle independent of the other one - When moving that one handle you might want to have it snap to anything... The issue is that you are unable to use snapping while doing this because pressing ALT also ignores snapping - At this point, the ALT shortcut used to ignore snapping is causing more problems than being useful - Is there a fix or workaround for this? At the very least we should be able to disable or change ALT as a modifier for disabling snapping:

• Staff

This has been previously discussed by the developers as users wanted the tool to work a certain way. Because of this and how the Node tool has been engineered and either way results in a conflict with the Alt modifier I believe it will remain how it is.

18 hours ago, reefsar said:

ou might want to use ALT + DRAG to create a cusp, which allows you to move one handle independent of the other one - When moving that one handle you might want to have it snap to anything... The issue is that you are unable to use snapping while doing this because pressing ALT also ignores snapping

Once you have started dragging with the Alt/Option key held down, stop and release the key and the mouse. Now grab the node again and drag to what you wish to snap to.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, Lee D said:

This has been previously discussed by the developers as users wanted the tool to work a certain way. Because of this and how the Node tool has been engineered and either way results in a conflict with the Alt modifier I believe it will remain how it is.

It would be a shame for it to remain this way; It is the ignorance of these types of minor refinements that will ultimately prevent this suite from reaching its full potential...