You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Another accuracy bug in Geometry - Add

Hi Affinity.

Issues with using "add" in Geometry with multiple even squares
Looks like working ok sometimes before not moved, rotated or resized shape.

As soon as any of above adjustments, the "add" geometry becomes uneven and leaves gaps. For some processes, this may be relevant issue and cause unnecessary work.

Writing this so Affinity can fix the bug.
Not looking for feedback in here on "how to fix the gaps after combined squares".

I was sold on "...100 percent accurate geometry".
Often this is not the case unfortunately.

Earlier mentioned different issues with lack in accuracy on basic snapping and geometry. Not snapping on skewed lines with shapes, sometimes only with the move tool etc.

Hope you guys soon can have an in depth look at the accuracy issues, like Geometry and snap not working as it should. 

Thanks.

Affinity Geometry Bug.png

• Staff

Hi @Darner,

Thanks for your report - can you please provide a copy of the .afdesign file shown in your screenshots so I can test this further and log the issue with our developers?

Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Many thanks for providing this - I've been able to replicate this issue and therefore I'm getting this logged with our developers now to be investigated and repaired in a future version.

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

27 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Many thanks for providing this - I've been able to replicate this issue and therefore I'm getting this logged with our developers now to be investigated and repaired in a future version.

I hope this helps :)

Appreciate the quick response, and look forward to coming update. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Has also been another similar accuracy issue with Affinity Designer Mac.
When doing "Substract" on simple shapes, it creates a gap / overlap. With "Substract" and "Option" for Compound shape, even more gap / overlap. Before it is accurate. 

This issue seems to occur most kinds of shapes, and visible more when you zoom in. Visually normally not a big issue for one time use, but when working with Geometry and highly accurate content being adapted, outlined, filled etc, it can create issues. Hope you soon get a look at accuracy issues Affinity Designer Mac. When can it be expected to see some sort of changes, and when is the next Designer update? Thanks.

Zoomed After Substract Compound.png

Zoomed After Substract.png

Zoomed Before Substract.png

Normal View.png

• Staff

Many thanks for the further issues reported - I've been able to replicate the subtraction issue and the divide issue is already logged with our developers - so I'll be sure to log/bump these issues, as required :)

On 8/5/2022 at 5:06 PM, Darner said:

When can it be expected to see some sort of changes, and when is the next Designer update? Thanks.

Unfortunately we don't currently have an ETA for our next Affinity update at this time, though our head of QA has confirmed;

we are focussing our efforts on a major release (new features and fixes) and consequently have not done any minor patches for a long time

We hope to have more information to share shortly!

Thank you for the quick response, and look forward to the major release!

I also posted a long list of bugs / features in general for AD which perhaps could be relevant for next release, but can't find it in the activity. Perhaps of interest if you have it stored somewhere. Good luck with the dev!

Also waiting for the next update 😃 hopefully soon

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz