You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Which Affinity software could I use to replace my PagePlusX9 software?

I've been looking for the download for the PagePlusX9 software, because the new Laptops doesn't have a DVD drive so I can't use my CD to download the software into my new laptop. I love this produce and it works so good with what I do. So I would like to know which of the Affinity software is close to PagePlusX9 that is simple to use for my projects, that I use PagePlusX9 for. 

Thank you

velmalewis

Hi @Velma Lewis

What did you mainly create with PagePlus? Multi-page documents? Brochures. Flyers?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

2 hours ago, Velma Lewis said:

the new Laptops doesn't have a DVD drive

Many new laptops don’t have built-in DVD drives, but external drives that plug into a USB port are inexpensive and readily available.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Velma Lewis said:

I've been looking for the download for the PagePlusX9 software, because the new Laptops doesn't have a DVD drive so I can't use my CD to download the software into my new laptop. I love this produce and it works so good with what I do. So I would like to know which of the Affinity software is close to PagePlusX9 that is simple to use for my projects, that I use PagePlusX9 for. 

Thank you

velmalewis

Affinity Publisher is probably the best replacement, but it is nowhere near as powerful as PPX9. In fact you would probably need the whole Affinity Suite to provide anything near to the all under the hood power of PPX9. As Alfred suggests, get a DVD USB drive and install onto your new laptop. Make sure you buy a reputable branded one.

Although you may have trouble downloading the latest patches. I believe Alfred may have a possible solution to that.

13 hours ago, Velma Lewis said:

I've been looking for the download for the PagePlusX9 software, because the new Laptops doesn't have a DVD drive so I can't use my CD to download the software into my new laptop.

See the below link to the active-avanquest.de website which offers a PagePlusX9 download (size 1.2 GB). You have to accept & enable the AGB checkbox there in order to activate/enable the download button!

pageplus.jpg.66b477a99a0947f58b6516259803bbdd.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

9 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

See the below link to the active-avanquest.de website which offers a PagePlusX9 download (size 1.2 GB).

That’s almost certainly the German version. All of the PagePlus X9 installers (en-GB, en-US, fr-FR, and de-DE) are roughly the same size.

10 hours ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Although you may have trouble downloading the latest patches. I believe Alfred may have a possible solution to that.

As far as I’m aware, I only have full versions of the last PPX9 installers. Serif may well have made patch installers available, but I don’t think I bothered to download them.

Alfred spacer.png

11 hours ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Hey Alfred, Does PPX9 and DPX8 run on Win 11?

They seem to run OK, according to the reports I’ve read. I don’t currently have access to a Windows 11 machine to verify this.

Alfred spacer.png

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

As far as I’m aware, I only have full versions of the last PPX9 installers. Serif may well have made patch installers available, but I don’t think I bothered to download them.

I think the latest full installer will suffice in patching the older DVD release. At least that is my own experience.

I'm sure Patrick will be able to confirm that that is still the case.

3 minutes ago, Michael S Harvey said:

I think the latest full installer will suffice in patching the older DVD release.

If you have a full installer, I can’t think of a good reason to patch an existing installation instead of simply replacing it.

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

If you have a full installer, I can’t think of a good reason to patch an existing installation instead of simply replacing it.

True. Although, I keep my registration key with the DVD release. However, as long as I have a copy of that, the full installer would work fine. The only issue may be installing PPX9 without all the fonts. Easier to do with the DVD, I believe.

• Staff

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!