You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export changes pics

Hello there,

got an issue with the pdf export from APub.
In APub everything is nice and tidy. Pics are placed correctly.
I placed these individual pages into another APub-file. The layout is still fine.
But the exported pdf for web seems like there are some images moved:

image.png.a14558386cdeed13a6835503c7932a43.png

in APub there is space between image and text:
image.png.dfa14a6edc4b28a3c5f53d90838e1576.png

Here the layout in APub:
image.png.9f3097417180c88d862a0bd59d0205a3.png
Here the layout in the exported pdf (pic moved up):
image.png.d21f3ca85481f945d481f3e4aab6b031.png

It doesn´t happen in the print-pdf. Only in the pdf with reduced file size.
Here are the settings:
image.png.06b1a209aa46494746e1f505bf1cfb0c.pngimage.png.4acd7f813b760f76b857c23ff900deb9.png

I already tried different export settings to maybe fix that issue, couldn´t find the faulty setting (combination).
Many pics are not affected.
I tried exporting as jpgs. No problem there
I tried to "clean up" the pages sometimes there are unneccesary elements on these pages. No effect.
I also deleted everything besides the image. Still the image moves around the page on export.
It didn´t happen before on other projects with web-pdfs some months back.
Hardware acceleration is on.
Killed the Nextcloud-App which is used to sync the files. No effect.
Exported old projects with these settings: The problem appears there too.
The only thing that seemed to help is to rasterise the images. Almost every image is within a picture frame.
I tried it with the same settings on my notebook and desktop, both windows 10. Both same issue.
Viewed the pdfs with different apps, maybe i got a faulty pdf-viewer. Everywhere it is the same.
Got the lastet version of APub and all the other Apps.

Anyone got some tips?

• Staff

Hi @Gmit,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can see your export settings are resampling your images, but this is using an unusual DPI value (124) which may be causing this with your images.

If you change this option from 'Use DPI: 124' to 'Use Document Resolution', do the images export as expected? :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C,

yeah that dpi value is unusal. On export for the web i need to meet an strict filesize requirement. So i play around with compression and dpi values until it fits.
Sadly no, even when exporting with the document resolution and the downsample option activated/deactived/changed, the exported pdf shows the same problem.

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me and I'm sorry to hear this hasn't helped!

I'd like to request a copy of your full project so I can investigate this further. Can you please navigate to File > Save as Package and ensure that Include Images / Fonts are both ticked.

Then, please upload the folder and containing files this generates to the below link for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/foHV2y5iy6ClxUhNI4MQ

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know. Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Ok, i uploaded it.

One annoyance i encountered when opening the .afpackage file:
It tells me to update every linked resource which is fair enough.
Sadly when updating these files, the page box gets reseted to TrimBox, while the original setting was BleedBox.
So i additionally put in an .afpub file so you don´t have to do that work.

Thanks

• Staff

Many thanks for providing that for me!

16 hours ago, Gmit said:

Sadly when updating these files, the page box gets reseted to TrimBox, while the original setting was BleedBox.

I can confirm this is a known issue which is already logged with our developers, however it's also helped point me to the cause of this issue.

If you export your document with the linked documents shown in your screenshot when set to TrimBox, they export correctly - when using the BleedBox setting the images are offset by the bleed amount incorrectly.

As your export settings don't include bleed, I'd recommend setting this to TrimBox for the affected documents, as this exports the text & images as expected.

In the meantime, I'll be logging a bug with our developers to investigate why the image is being offset, as I haven't seen this happen before when placing a document with bleed within another document with the same bleed, then exporting without bleed.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

Many thanks!