You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Style with Inital Words very "sensitive"

Here is my recipe (also seen in the attached video):

1) Two text frames filled with text and some paragraph Text Styles including one for initial words.

2) Text frame on the left has already one paragraph formatted with initial word(s).

3) I pick a paragraph in the right text frame and apply the intial words Text Style.

4) Now I switch to the Move Tool and click the left text frame.

Result: The one paragraph formatted with initial words is reset.

Any reasons for this annoying behaviour or workarounds? In fact "First Word Off" appears in History. My workaround for now is hitting the ESC key twice.

PS: Video shows a beta, but in the retail version it is the same. I have done this to prevent any interference with already used Text Styles in my retail version.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

• Staff

Hi @joe_l,

Well this is odd, at first i was getting the issue with your file on my Windows PC and then after closing and reopening the file i couldn't. Spoke to QA about it and they couldn't replicate it with your file, I've also had 3 other members of the Tech Team test this and they also couldn't replicate it. However i've tried your file on a different laptop this morning and i'm getting the issue again. I've just passed all of my app settings over to QA to see that enables them to replicate it.