You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am just posting here to know about affinity exported EPS file. 

When we export EPS from affinity designer grouped objects , layered objects are converted into a single layered file , why it is so ? 

Even 

Text changes into curves , 

On the other side [ illustrator ] EPS do not do that ? 

Do you have any solution ? 

Or we should wait for the future.

4 hours ago, 913 said:

When we export EPS from affinity designer grouped objects , layered objects are converted into a single layered file , why it is so ?

This isn't the case, vector objects are exported as editable layers when exported to EPS...

4 hours ago, 913 said:

Text changes into curves

Sadly, yes, this is the case... Back in 2015 Serif said the following regarding editable text when exporting EPS files...

If we output text to EPS then you would still have the same issues as PDF separating the text into lines. This isn't something that is solvable by us as it's up to the reading application to decide what to do with text lines.

As far as I'm aware this hasn't changed since there is still no option to maintain editable text when exporting to an EPS file, however as far as I can tell VectorStyler does have the option to export to EPS with editable text but hopefully @Dazmondo77 can clarify if this is the case (being a VectorStyler user).

My assumption (rightly or wrongly) is that the Vector Text option either keeps text ediable or converts it to curves (like Designer does by default with no option to change the behaviour).

My question to the Serif team would be if VectorStyler can do it why can't Designer? Clearly both parties, (assuming a transfer of EPS files between different parties), would need to have the relevant font installed on their respective Mac or PC but hopefully @Dazmondo77 can provide a little more clarification regarding this issue?

533802088_VectorstylerEPSExport.thumb.jpg.7cf5fc24c0813e3b65aeb437f5baffaa.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse