You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One excellent feature from Pageplus and most good word processors is the ability to copy and paste formats to text on the screen. This would bypass the need to create a text style for each alteration. It might also be a quick way to create new text styles for your documents.

It would be a boon to publisher and designer.

We can already use ‘Paste Style’ to apply copied text attributes, but I’d like to see the equivalent of ‘Paste Format Plus’ so that we could make adjustments to the settings at the same time.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

We can already use ‘Paste Style’ to apply copied text attributes, but I’d like to see the equivalent of ‘Paste Format Plus’ so that we could make adjustments to the settings at the same time.

Can you copy the format from one part of Artistic Text to another?  For example, changing the font in one part then copying that and pasting that style to another part in the same text?

Another thing I miss is the recently used fonts appearing at the top of the font list. That was very useful.

20 minutes ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Can you copy the format from one part of Artistic Text to another?

Menu “Edit → Paste Style” doesn’t work for copying character/paragraph formatting on Artistic Text (on Windows, for me, at least).

21 minutes ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Another thing I miss is the recently used fonts appearing at the top of the font list.

Which “font list”?

39 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Menu “Edit → Paste Style” doesn’t work for copying character/paragraph formatting on Artistic Text (on Windows, for me, at least).

Which “font list”?

Yep, I thought so. It might be useful to have in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 7:11 AM, Michael S Harvey said:

Can you copy the format from one part of Artistic Text to another?  For example, changing the font in one part then copying that and pasting that style to another part in the same text?

A workaround for this: instead of copying the text, create a character style from it.  Then apply that character style to the other part of the text.

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

A workaround for this: instead of copying the text, create a character style from it.  Then apply that character style to the other part of the text.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:30 AM, Michael S Harvey said:

One excellent feature from Pageplus and most good word processors is the ability to copy and paste formats to text on the screen. This would bypass the need to create a text style for each alteration.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)