You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I open in Publisher it is all pixilated

Hi @simongreen75 - welcome to the forums.

The reason it's appearing so pixellated is because you've downloaded a really low-resolution version of the image you were after.  You can tell that from your screenshot - it's only 416x291 pixels, so it won't matter which app is used to open it.

I wonder if this was just a thumbnail and the site from which you downloaded it has a link you never spotted for downloading a hi-res version?

2022-07-17_23-32-10.png.16e0ed0c0206ec5fdda5ee5b8c0f58d0.png

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

File download here in jpg & eps formats...

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/realistic-honey-banners_5971952.htm#query=honey banner&position=1&from_view=keyword

The eps file is only 416x291px but the jpg is 6429x4500px (attached)

(Not sure why the eps version is as it is)

21532.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
27 minutes ago, simongreen75 said:

Just strange that AI can open the file file and Publisher can't.

Please see the following FAQ for more info here - 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

28 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Please see the following FAQ for more info here - 

Many thanks

Sadly I am having to give up with Affinity all together. Crashes all the time and is just not fit for purpose.

The old Publisher 8 was absolutely brilliant.

So from a business point of view .. it is time to bite the bullet and move on.

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this @simongreen75, if you wish we can certainly investigate further and most likely reduce the crashes you've mentioned - but we absolutely understand if you feel Affinity is not right for you.

If you'd like to work to resolve these crashes, please let me know and I can request some further information.
If you purchased from the Affinity store within the past 14 days, please email affinityreturns@serif.com to begin the refund procedure.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan 

Thank you for your help.

Sadly, I have had the latest Publisher along with designer and Photo for a number of years now.

At the time I was a new business start up and it was meant to be market leaders that is why I took the plunge and brought them.

Just seems ages since Publisher has done any major updates to warrant supporting them.

The full adobe route I do not want to go down as it is extremely expensive but for the sake of the business I don't really have much choice.

Thanks again.

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for letting me know.

I'd recommend ensuring that your GPU drivers are fully up to date, as outdated drivers can cause unexpected crashing within Affinity - equally within the Affinity app, I'd recommend navigating to Edit > Preferences > Performance and unticking Hardware Acceleration at the bottom of this dialog, then restart the app as prompted.

Hopefully the above 2 steps should reduce crashing within the apps for you :)

2 hours ago, simongreen75 said:

Just seems ages since Publisher has done any major updates to warrant supporting them

Our head of QA has confirmed in another thread that we're currently "focussing our efforts on a major release (new features and fixes) and consequently have not done any minor patches for a long time" - so we thank you for your continued patience here and we hope to have news to share soon regarding this upcoming release! 

Please note -

Many thanks!