You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panorama delete People

Hello,
I use the Panorama tool in Affinity Photo to filter out unwanted things like cars or tourists in pictures of buildings or places.
All I have to do is take a few pictures from the same perspective with different people and load them as a panorama.
With the brush I can then remove the people. Unfortunately I can't see which people are in which pictures.
Can this be improved in upcoming versions?

Jürgen Weinmann 

Hello @Jojo2022 and welcome to the forums.

You can load your images into a stack, making sure that the [Align Images] box is ticked. Then choose the Median option for the blending mode. This will remove most if the extraneous material.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I thought I'd try this out and must say that the panorama tool seems to give a better result than stacking. However, in all fairness, the original images I used had been intended for a panorama; I suspect that the result from stacking would be much better if the original images lined up more closely.

2100532529_Stack-PanoTest(s).png.d78e65e2c6c23f40afb05a71427db53e.png

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Although using the panorama tool does seem to give a sharper result, it also seems to introduce some distortion. (A problem, that has been raised before when stitching some images, as there are no adjustments available.) To be honest I usually find it easier to retouch the final image, rather than trying to do it on individual layers.

Edit: It also seems to work well removing problem items from the individual pics before stacking/pano; but I'm sure it all depends on the original images.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad