You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some 35mm film i had developed

stokerg

• Staff

Hi Everyone,

Long story short, i'm a big fan of film photography.  Mentioned this to my dad and he gave me his Pentax Spotmactic he brought new over 50 years ago. All i've done with the images is load them into Affinity and use the Auto colours, tones, contrast and white balance.  The photo of the dog (Naboo) i did load into the Develop persona and lower the highlights, whites and blacks.  Have to say, for a 50+ year old camera i'm really happy with the results.  I used Kodak Portra 400 35mm film and the scans provided to me by Asda were in JPG format, so don't leave much room for improvement.  The 2nd n 3rd image are from Nottingham, the rest are from Bristol. 

R1-03313-024A.jpg

R1-03313-026A.jpg

R1-03313-031A.jpg

R1-03314-0008.jpg

R1-03314-0009.jpg

R1-03314-0011.jpg

R1-03314-0013.jpg

R1-03314-0016.jpg

R1-03314-0019.jpg

• Staff
8 minutes ago, dannyg9 said:

There's still something magical about film. Great photos and excellent composition. Naboo and his "white socks" is perfect.

Thank you :) I agree there is something magical about film, magical but expensive to shoot and develop.  I'm still blown away by the fact a 50+ year old camera is holding up so well.  As for Naboo, who is a she but i don't think she minds being misgendered lol, really is lovely dog and i'll be getting that snap printed off for the owner (the lady with the umbrella in the pictures, who is still very much alive, @GarryP, i'm looking at you there! :4_joy: )