You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sawgrass SG 5000 and Affinity Photo/Designer

Good afternoon.  Sublimating is a totally new venture for my wife and I.  She will be using the Creative Studio that comes with the Sawgrass printer, whereas I would prefer to use the Affinity programs which I believe I can send to the Sawgrass print manager.  Does any body else use the Windows version of the Affinity programs with a Sawgrass printer?  If so could you pass on any help on how to set up best practice for this handshaking combination please. Cheers John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Absolute stab in the dark here. 

I would Export a file format which can be imported by the "Creative Studio that comes with the Sawgrass printer" .

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for the reply old Bruce. It’s a bit disappointing that Sawgrass does not recognise Affinity as a supported program after all this time. There is quite a large FB group that use designer as a program for sublimation

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1