You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 Questions: 1. Layering, Embedding Text and Images

Hi Everyone,

1. My previous manuscript versions exported as a PDF perfectly (Affinity Publisher) and uploaded to KDP without a problem, now my lines will not appear correctly, even when I move them to front and background to back. See Screenshot attached.

NEW: I just tried the zoom feature in the KDP launch previewer and all the lines can be seen, is this a common appearance issue? I need to make sure all of my lines are accurate and equally visible.

2. KDP says that my text is not embedded, but in my export, I've selected all choices for embedding. 

Any ideas to fix are appreciated.

Lined Journal.PNG

Edited by DanM.
New Information

10 hours ago, DanM. said:

now my lines will not appear correctly, even when I move them to front and background to back.

It might be useful if you tell us what that means.
You have given us a screen-grab but you haven’t told us which part(s) of the screen-grab you are concerned with or what the concern actually is.
The more information you give us, the better we can help you.

Note 1: When giving us a screen-grab it is usually better if you give us a full-screen screenshot. That way we have more information to hand when trying to diagnose problems.

Note 2: Multiple questions are better asked in multiple threads. This makes it easier for other people to find relevant information more easily and it helps to stop the thread getting confused with multiple discussions happening at the same time.

Hi Gary P. and DWright,

As far as what the problem is as described, you can see In the screenshot how there is missing or faded lines. The lines are actually there, which all have the same width and gradient, but they aren't showing up after I export as a PDF.

Since I posted, I think that I've discovered the problem, but I'll know for sure as I work to fix over the next several hours.

Thank you both for your responses and notes, although, the 2 questions were actually interconnected with the same problem. I'll make sure to seperate all future questions into multiple posts, so it won't confuse anyone.