You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows: Listing all shortcuts?

I've changed a few of my shortcuts and added many others to accommodate using a MIDI controller with Affinity products. Is there any way to list all of my shortcut keys in one place?

Failing that, is there a way to convert the stored settings files to something readable so I can extract them myself?

It would be great if the configurations were saved/savable in JSON or XML format...

Scrolling through all of the various pages to remind myself of my assignments is painful! 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

35 minutes ago, casterle said:

Is there any way to list all of my shortcut keys in one place?

Failing that, is there a way to convert the stored settings files to something readable so I can extract them myself?

I do not think either one is currently possible.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

For Windows, there is Users > username > AppData > Roaming > Affinity > Photo > 1.0 > Workspaces > Photo > Shortcuts.xml

I created a new shortcut for Open Folder in Explorer (Ctrl-Shift-Alt-X) and found this stanza was added to that file:

<Item type="Command" command="Serif.Affinity.Commands.OpenFolderInExplorerCommand, Serif.Affinity, Version=1.10.5.1342, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" key="X" modifierKeys="Alt, Control, Shift" />

It's left as an exercise for the user to extract that into a more user friendly format.

1 hour ago, Lem3 said:

For Windows, there is Users > username > AppData > Roaming > Affinity > Photo > 1.0 > Workspaces > Photo > Shortcuts.xml

I created a new shortcut for Open Folder in Explorer (Ctrl-Shift-Alt-X) and found this stanza was added to that file:

<Item type="Command" command="Serif.Affinity.Commands.OpenFolderInExplorerCommand, Serif.Affinity, Version=1.10.5.1342, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" key="X" modifierKeys="Alt, Control, Shift" />

It's left as an exercise for the user to extract that into a more user friendly format.

Thank you! Just what I was looking for.

2 hours ago, Lem3 said:

Good to know, but unfortunately there are no equivalent xml files for the Mac versions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 7/15/2022 at 5:44 PM, R C-R said:

Good to know, but unfortunately there are no equivalent xml files for the Mac versions.

I'm not sure if this is the same on Macs, but on Windows when you save your shortcuts to a file, the .afshort file is a zipped archive containing the XML files.

43 minutes ago, casterle said:

I'm not sure if this is the same on Macs, but on Windows when you save your shortcuts to a file, the .afshort file is a zipped archive containing the XML files.

As best as I can tell, for the Mac versions*.affshortcuts files are in XML format, but do not have an xml file extension. It might take some work to extract a simple list of shortcuts from this because for instance, the entry for the Select > Select All menu item (by default CMD + A) is as follows:

<string>selectAll:</string>
        <dict>
            <key>$class</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CF$UID</key>
                <integer>13</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.Action</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CF$UID</key>
                <integer>556</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.FuncEnum</key>
            <integer>9223372036854775807</integer>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.Key</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CF$UID</key>
                <integer>20</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.Modifier</key>
            <integer>1048576</integer>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.ToolID</key>
        </dict>

Many of the shortcut name strings are not quite the same as they appear in menus or the preferences, so you would have to remove things like "do" or "show" for some of them to match.

Affinity Photo 

On 7/20/2022 at 4:59 PM, R C-R said:

As best as I can tell, for the Mac versions*.affshortcuts files are in XML format, but do not have an xml file extension. It might take some work to extract a simple list of shortcuts from this because for instance, the entry for the Select > Select All menu item (by default CMD + A) is as follows:

<string>selectAll:</string>
        <dict>
            <key>$class</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CF$UID</key>
                <integer>13</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.Action</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CF$UID</key>
                <integer>556</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.FuncEnum</key>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.Key</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CF$UID</key>
                <integer>20</integer>
            </dict>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.Modifier</key>
            <integer>1048576</integer>
            <key>com.seriflabs.KeyEquivalentData.ToolID</key>
        </dict>

Many of the shortcut name strings are not quite the same as they appear in menus or the preferences, so you would have to remove things like "do" or "show" for some of them to match.

I've noticed that as well. I used to have an editor that would let me extract fields and order them in columns, but that was in a previous life.