You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer get stuck in export persona while searching the folder in finder window

Hi there!

I am writing, because in the last view months I constantly have the same issue with affinity designer.

The procedure is always the same:

1. I do some work
  2. I change to the export persona
  3. Pick the slices to export
  4. press "export"...
  5. then the finder window appears, where to export to...
  6. then I can click one or two times on some folders (very different every time)
  7. then the rotating ball appears while searching the desired folder in the finder window...
  8. ...then designer get stuck...

This is not always the case, but very regularly. There is no difference in my behavior if this occurs or not.

I send the crash repot a lot of times...but now I thought its time to tell you directly.

Hope you can fix this, its really annoying.

Thanks

Andreas

• Staff

Hi @AndreassaerdnA,

Thanks for your report!

Can you please confirm for me, do you have Google Drive or OneDrive 'syncing' folders on your Mac?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Many thanks for confirming that for me - I ask as we have a known bug logged with the developers when using Google Drive or OneDrive synced folders, the Affinity app can hang/crash when displaying Finder folders from the export persona.

I suspect this issue also affects your local cloud setup, so I will be sure to update the development log regarding this with the information you have provided now, and we hope to have this fixed in a future version!

In the meantime, I recommend exporting to locations that are not 'synced' in order to avoid this issue where possible :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

You are welcome!

But the thing is, I never export to one of my clouds...

...and while I write those words I realise that I do export to a cloud! I forgot to mention another "cloud" I use!!

-> I use the "synology drive client"! And every export is to one of this folders...! But in fact those are local folders synced in the background...so this should not be a real problem!?

If I can assist with further information to help fixing this habit of a great piece of software, just don't hesitate to tell me how!

Andreas

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. I've found this problem on two different MacOS device. 

Steps I do every day: 

1. Design
  2. Switch to Export Persona
  3. Design slices that I want
  4. Select "Export"
  5. Select a folder on my device
  6. When the cursor mouse is on the button Designer get stuck

I mean, this happen on two different devices that I use every day. 

Thank in advance. 

• Staff

Hi @Antonio Iaconesso,

Thanks for your report!

As above, I can confirm this is a known & logged bug with our developers - I'll be sure to 'bump' this report with them now as we hope to address this in a future update.

I hope this helps :)

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Export Persona hang in Open and Save Panel Process when Exporting Slices" (REF: AFD-5921) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1781".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.