You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just now, Mysterien-Vril said:

@walt.farrell I thought DMG files were universal and you need to enter your own license key to access it anyway. You mean each DMG is specifically attached to individual License Keys?  

Sorry; you're right. The DMGs aren't custom-generated. Any valid Product Key and email would work.

But she doesn't have a product key, as she bought from Apple not from Serif. So the DMG will only work in Trial mode, for 10 days, for her.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, Mysterien-Vril said:

@walt.farrell I thought DMG files were universal and you need to enter your own license key to access it anyway. You mean each DMG is specifically attached to individual License Keys?  

I am not sure - but it looks like trial version before you activate it. I have my code for activation. I just ask for dmg. kizilovredirect@gmail.com 

Maybe it would be easier if Serif went back to selling their software on a CD and did not use downloads at all? 🙃

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

There is nothing wrong with using downloads... but it is good to know that there is a License Key difference from the Apple App vs. from the main store app of a company. This another reason why big corporations suck. In the future I will definitely purchase from actual company websites rather than the Apple App Store! 

4 minutes ago, Glady77 said:

I have my code for activation.

If you have a Product Key, then you must have purchased from Serif, not from the Mac App Store. And in that case you just download the DMG from your account at https://affinity.store/account/downloads 

Just now, Glady77 said:

I have code for Affinity Photo that i bought in Affinity Store - maybe it one for all my purchases?

No; each has its own code. So it seems you purchased Photo from Serif (Affinity Store), but the others from Apple (Mac App Store). You can only install them via the Mac App Store, in that case, unless you re-purchase them from Serif.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you have a Product Key, then you must have purchased from Serif, not from the Mac App Store.

Going on the first post, Gladdy77 is asking about AD and APub. Apparently only APhoto was purchased directly from Serif!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

6 hours ago, Glady77 said:

Are you sure? If this is true -  O my God! What a customer oriented company! Super! 👏

It is true for all apps bought through the Mac App Store (MAS), not just the Serif/Affinity ones. That includes apps from industry heavyweights like Adobe & Microsoft to smaller independents like the makers of Pixelmator Pro or Vectornator. Some companies sell only through the MAS, others through multiple stores, including their own.

It's your choice of who to buy from, & also your responsibility to understand & abide by the licensing terms for each of them, including the "LICENSED APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT" section at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/ww/ for MAS purchases if you buy anything from that store.

Again, please note that this applies to all apps bought through the MAS, not just the Affinity ones.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7