You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey! How can I download installation that I bought from App Store. I'll reinstall Mac OS X and want to install Affinity Designer and Publisher then. Now I can't install it from affinity.serif.com (because I bought it through AppStore) and I can't download dmg from App Store - cause it install on my Mac already!

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 13.14.58.png

image.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 13.23.43.png

Edited by Glady77

Ok. I understand.😕  But I have to say: I pay for software and want to get dmg. This type of installation  is really more comfortable for me now. Is it really hard work for Serif to give me this kind of service? Service for customer who bought all Serif graphic applications for today?! 🙁

28 minutes ago, Glady77 said:

I pay for software and want to get dmg.

If you purchased a licence for an application from Apple via the Apple App Store then you need to get that software from Apple.
Your purchase was from Apple, not Serif, and Serif have no control over that process (other than to stop Apple from selling it altogether and some other things unrelated to this issue).

Apple took your money and then gave some of it to Serif, which means that you are a customer of Apple, not Serif.

Even though you have registered the software with Serif you have not purchased a licence for the software from Serif.

If you want to get the DMG from Serif then you will need to purchase, again, from Serif.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.

See here for more information: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/151756-faq-os-licensing-and-allowable-number-of-installations/

37 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Even though you have registered the software with Serif you have not purchased a licence for the software from Serif.

If you want to get the DMG from Serif then you will need to purchase, again, from Serif.

Are you sure? If this is true -  O my God! What a customer oriented company! Super! 👏

Edited by Glady77

I don’t understand why any of this is a problem.
You have purchased a licence to use the software from Apple.
You have installed the software via the Apple Store.
You can use the software.
If you happen to delete the software from your computer then you can install the software again, at any time, from the Apple Store as necessary.
Just think of the Apple Store as an ‘off-site DMG backup’ where you can install from whenever you wish to do so.

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

I don’t understand why any of this is a problem.

Slow internet and or data caps. The first post from @Glady77 mentions reinstalling the OS. Could be this is a clean install and having the DMGs previously downloaded onto an external hard drive makes life easier when I do a clean install of the OS.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Glady77  Hopefully after you have used the Affinity apps for a little while you will discover not only how very customer-oriented they are but also how customer-oriented the people at Serif are.  And how extremely helpful the members of this forum are to each other.  It is a far distant cry from the we-could-care-less-just-send-us-your-monthly-payment-to-rent-your-own-creative-products approach.  You are obviously disappointed with Apple.  But Serif doesn’t determine Apple’s business model.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Slow internet and or data caps. The first post from @Glady77 mentions reinstalling the OS. Could be this is a clean install and having the DMGs previously downloaded onto an external hard drive makes life easier when I do a clean install of the OS.

But then I won't be buying apps from the Apple Store, which works exactly like that how it does not suit me!

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

7 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Slow internet and or data caps.

I can certainly see why they would want to have the DMG to hand if that is the case – I have the latest setup files for most of the software I use, just in case I have ‘internet issues’.

However, the only actual problem that I have been able to find in the thread is that the OP is “more comfortable” with installing from a DMG.
They don’t mention any connection issues or problems installing from the Apple Store at all, just that they prefer using a DMG.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Yea! You are absolutely right! I just want to keep all my soft in a right place. If even all Clouds will crashed in the World. I really don't trust in Clouds i trust in Hard Drive! 😑

5 minutes ago, Glady77 said:

If even all Clouds will crashed in the World. I really don't trust in Clouds

Then I don't understand at all why you shop at the Apple Store, which works in exactly this "inconvenient" and "undesirable way"?
Despite the fact that you are giving money to someone who had no part in the development of the application, so you reduce the profit for the work done by the actual developer, and you still complain about him! Wow.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

14 minutes ago, Glady77 said:

i trust in Hard Drive! 

Hard drives have been known to fail! 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

Then I don't understand at all why you shop at the Apple Store, which works in exactly this "inconvenient" and "undesirable way"?
Despite the fact that you are giving money to someone who had no part in the development of the application, so you reduce the profit for the work done by the actual developer, and you still complain about him! Wow.

It's not my problem how Serif sell they products. It's just the way how I get this soft. But Serif really CAN help me in my problem. But ... I still talking about it here and no results 

• Staff

Whilst we understand your frustration, it's simply not possible to grant a second license, we cannot even verify the purchase of a first.

In Apple's own words:

Apple does not provide You with access to personal or other data provided by or generated through use of the App Store by other developers; nor does Apple provide other developers with access to personal or other data provided by or generated through Your use of the App Store. Such data sharing would conflict with Apple’s Privacy Policy, and with our customers’ expectations about how Apple treats their data. You can seek to collect information from customers directly, so long as such information is collected in a lawful manner, and You follow the App Store Review Guidelines."

The Affinity store app and the Apple Store app are essentially different products completely, buying one does not entitle you to the other.

Please refer to this post for more information.

Lee

11 minutes ago, LeeThorpe said:

The Affinity store app and the Apple Store app are essentially different products completely, buying one does not entitle you to the other.

You really think that Serif Designer from App Store work different than this software from Affinity store?  Why nobody tell me this before I bought products ? More strange rules  - more problem for customers! 

1 minute ago, Mysterien-Vril said:

if you like I can Email it to you. 

If you do:

1. You're breaking the license agreement you agreed to; and
  2. It won't work for her, as it requires your Product Key and Email. (Which, I suppose, you could also share, but see #1)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, Glady77 said:

You really think that Serif Designer from App Store work different than this software from Affinity store? 

The applications work almost completely the same. There is a minor difference in how you check for updates, but that's about it from Serif's side of things.

Of more importance: Apple applies "sandboxing" restrictions to all applications purchased/installed from the Mac App Store, and those can affect how the Affinity applications will function. 

And, of course, there is the matter of how the software is delivered/installed: when you purchase from Apple you get it in the form they provide it, and you install it using the tools they provide (Mac App Store). When you purchase from Serif you get the DMG you wanted.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1