You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Havn´t been here for a while, job and life taking just too much time. But recently I had two days and managed to fire up the Affinity for some aviation artwork.
For a while now I have had a P40 on my mind and thought it was as good a time as any. So here is my take on the great P40 Warhawk. 

P40.jpg

p40 wire.jpeg

On 7/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Slammer said:

Havn´t been here for a while, job and life taking just too much time. But recently I had two days and managed to fire up the Affinity for some aviation artwork.
For a while now I have had a P40 on my mind and thought it was as good a time as any. So here is my take on the great P40 Warhawk. 

P40.jpg

p40 wire.jpeg

looks great - well done

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Would that be a North Africa/Mediterranean theater camo?

As a total newbie to this particular app would I be correct in believing that you began by using an image of the aircraft and tracing over it with several different layers?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 8:37 PM, TimTab said:

Very nice. Would that be a North Africa/Mediterranean theater camo?

As a total newbie to this particular app would I be correct in believing that you began by using an image of the aircraft and tracing over it with several different layers?

You would be almost correct, the original is from a picture out of the Smithsonian. However make that 250 to 350 layers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 7:28 PM, Slammer said:

You would be almost correct, the original is from a picture out of the Smithsonian. However make that 250 to 350 layers.

Nicely done!

Overall inverted composition no less, also the background aerial environment is pretty convincing especially those clouds 👍

And if you don't mind sharing, any workflow tips how they were generated either vector derived or otherwise?  

• 2 weeks later...