You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I converted shape to curves. and tried break curves some shapes i get odd shapes in end result.

I converted shape to curves. and tried break curves some shapes i get odd shapes in end result what not do together original shape. circle i can cut nicely pieces as triangle and rectangle,callout ellipse,and heart but for example donut,gogwheel not. is not yet bug area becouse i dont know if miss understand something wrong i really want cut also them half using geometry tool and for example rectangle i also have weird things what i allready put bug side. But please transfer if possible if it is bug. example file shows what shapes for example get from donut.nice shapes but i want half donut. etc. I cannot use vector crop tool. is not suitable all things what i want do.

oddshapes.png

On 7/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, MxHeppa said:

i want half donut

I can confirm your workflow: Draw donut shape, convert to curves, break the curve at the 4 nodes along the horizontal midpoint. You get the 2 semi circles and half donut as shown in your screen shot. You DO have a half donut, but I'm guessing you want a faster/cleaner way.

I'd use a rectangle to bisect the donut and then use the subtract boolean.

After using Divide (Far Right) from the Toolbar I get this from Rectangle on top Green circle in the middle and Blue circle on the bottom in the Layers panel.

25786052_ScreenShot2022-07-12at11_57_40AM.png.09e29bec763ac3ef4420e98b038bacc8.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Like the Pie Tool, the Donut Tool has ‘Start Angle’ and ‘End Angle’ controls (both on the shape itself and on the Context toolbar). For a half donut, draw a whole donut and set the start and end angles to 0° and 180°.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)