You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please, remove the DEAD WOMAN splash screen in AP 1.10.5

I've always found the Affinity Publisher 1.10 splash screen to be a bit gloomy, cluttered with information. And in the center, an image that resembles a DEAD WOMAN in a coffin. More sinister than that, only on a horror movie poster. Please Affinity team CHANGE THIS PICTURE FOR GOD'S SAKE! This appear to be a "Affinity Publisher Addams Family Special Edition"

Affinity Publisher DEAD WOMAN splash screen.jpg

That woman was definitively alive during the photo session.

I  have seen people who passed away by natural cause, they look very different.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

According to the Spotlight article I read previously, the reason Serif only use dead models/actors in their promotions is because the royalties paid to dead people are far less than they would have to pay for living ones, which helps keep the cost of their apps so low.

Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

If the splash screen was the only thing I could find to complain about, with any piece of software, I'd be very happy! 😄

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

15 hours ago, vjsouza said:

DEAD WOMAN

I must strongly protest against the gender imbalance of the splashscreen in APublisher - I recommend adding DEAD MAN to it.
image.png.592f45f576bbba56b9ea9bda8cc62222.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

16 hours ago, vjsouza said:

I've always found the Affinity Publisher 1.10 splash screen to be a bit gloomy, cluttered with information. And in the center, an image that resembles a DEAD WOMAN in a coffin. More sinister than that, only on a horror movie poster. Please Affinity team CHANGE THIS PICTURE FOR GOD'S SAKE! This appear to be a "Affinity Publisher Addams Family Special Edition"

Yes, this is a truly serious problem I really suffer about too. Dead Women around me, wherever I look. My last seven matrimonies ended up that I called the coroner in the wedding night, as I saw that my woman must have died surprisingly, because her eyes were shut. It is so demoralizing. I almost felt like that little boy in the movie "The Sixth Sense".

At least in my Windows version of Affinity Publisher, I found the option at the bottom left of the welcome screen useful, that allows me to  hide this screen in the future. It really saved my peace of mind.

5 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

the option at the bottom left of the welcome screen

This is not the same as "splash" screen.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

6 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

This is not the same as "splash" screen.

Yes, you are right, Sorry! Seems there is no way to escape this sinister screen. Might be one of these ominous "End(s) of the World" (as we knew it), everybody is talking about.

4 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

Seems there is no way to escape this sinister screen.

I suppose you could try closing your eyes for a few seconds! 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff
17 hours ago, vjsouza said:

Thanks for the feedback and I will be sure to pass it on. It's definitely not a dead person but you've all made your point :)