You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

texture/gradient filled Cutted shapes are not seamless with original shape.

i use same text than what i use on also Facebook group. this here becouse i feel this looks to to my eyes and understanding bug. and Affinity Designer version is about 1.10. is hard give exact becouse i cannot simply cut and paste version number and reads so tiny in my display.

i not only one what see changes in my object if i cut geometry tool shapes from each other? i mean bitmap/gradient filled shapes. is needed and is realted one video idea what i liked where i need cut shapes is related interlocking circles. somehow i feel this curred shape look little different what i expected. as i show here there is circle in right  and left there is another circle cutted with rectable using geometry tool and this cutting result is putted top exact same kind circle what is right as you see is not seamless. i cannot use clippping masks becouse at least video maker have problems with it when svg is printed even looks fine in Affinity Apps. some tools read such svg file wrongly. and i used quickly one image what i found what is related this app (made for other place) for. but luckily also image wheere you shoud see my problem easily. and i bet is also probelm so many other cases.

here.png

• Staff

Hi MXHeppa,

I'm not sure I understand your problem at all I'm afraid. If possible could you provide a screen recording that demonstrates the issue you are having?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

6 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi MXHeppa,

I'm not sure I understand your problem at all I'm afraid. If possible could you provide a screen recording that demonstrates the issue you are having?

Thanks
C

I try say again i have circle (transfered to curves) with bitmap fill i cut part of it using geometry subtract method with rectangle. this end shape what is circle without bottom its when i put it top exact copy original circle i thin it should not show any way but as you see in left these pieces texture has this weird thing. bottom part texture is many pixels to left. and same happens also gradients.
and is bit hard do wvideo form this but i can try. if i get idea where i put file about problem.

I think the Bitmap fill is shifting position inside the circle when you are moving it, perhaps you grabbed it while the Gradient tool was still active before or after you cut it. Your first screenshot shows there is some distortion in the smaller clipped version. Here I used two copies of your screenshot rotated to show, your clipped version is on the top. This twisting is easily done by using the Gradient tool.

34306704_ScreenShot2022-07-12at10_39_43AM.png.3f4d001b7b9e4dcff1d338a4d415d092.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.