You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm posting this here, because I'm unsure of where else to post it.

Does anyone know how to get into directly to the appropriate people at Serif about 3rd party developers wanting to develop plug-ins for Affinity Photo?

I'm talking to a dev who created an amazing plug-in for Photoshop that handles OpenEXR files. He's expressed interest in wanting to develop this same plug-in for Affinity Photo and has asked me if I could pass this info up the chain. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

As far as I know, APhoto uses only plugins for processing image data, not plugins for reading and saving files.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 4 months later...
On 7/11/2022 at 7:19 AM, Pšenda said:

As far as I know, APhoto uses only plugins for processing image data, not plugins for reading and saving files.

Right, but this wouldn't be saving anything outside of an aphoto file. The plug-in allows you to open an OpenEXR Multilayer file in Affinity Photo, which for 3D artists is super helpful. A single file can contain all render passes, alpha channels, cryptomattes, etc... 

In Photoshop this will open the file into layers. From there you work the image just as you would with any other layer stack, but you'd have a 32 bit, linear file. The developer is willing to make this popular plug-in for Affinity Photo. Again for 3D artists this is a big deal, and would really eliminate the need to keep Photoshop on hand when working on composites.

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to this request, I am a Video editor who uses  Grass Valley Edius. Grass Valley are a big player in broadcast hardware and software. particularly in the US. Whilst it may not be as well known as Adobe it is as stable as Nelson's Column. It's users needless to say are not Adobe fans. We have requested support for aphoto native files but have been told by GV that there is no Affinity SDK. The GV forum mods (GV employees) are big fans and users of Affinity and like many users would love to see it supported. Of course PSD and PNG etc can be opened by assigning Affinity to open the files on the timeline or bin but not being able to open .aphoto is a PIA and it's addition would be a game changer.

I am happy to put you in touch with my contacts at GV.