You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Switching from pc latptop to Macbook air - how do I move over to it with my existing account?

• Staff

@Work Pics 360

You need to buy a separate Windows version to install on Windows or a Mac version to install on the Mac. Each version is purchased independently and each has its own licenses. It would not be possible to swap from one to the other. It would not be possible to swap from one to the other.

Really? So being multi platform is like a form of 'financial punishment' .... not a very good pricing polity. The one saving grace is the product cost is not extreme. Still, this is unexpected and disappointing. It's not like I'm going to be using both licences at the same time. It's either mobile OR desktop. Not both.  Davinci doesn't do that. Even Adobe doesn't do that. In fact I think this is the first time I've ever seen this.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:08 AM, Work Pics 360 said:

Really? So being multi platform is like a form of 'financial punishment' .... not a very good pricing polity. The one saving grace is the product cost is not extreme. Still, this is unexpected and disappointing. It's not like I'm going to be using both licences at the same time. It's either mobile OR desktop. Not both.  Davinci doesn't do that. Even Adobe doesn't do that. In fact I think this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Financial punishment? You are not owed anything for being multi platform. You would have noticed I am sure that when you purchased your Affinity software that you had to specify if it was for Mac or PC. While not the most common practice these days, it still happens. CorelDraw is an example, you buy a Windows or Mac version. When Adobe went to the cloud they became cross platform as it was a subscription model you were paying monthly, no reason to need 2 subscriptions. Before that you needed to buy for the OS you were using. Of course it would be nice to have one purchase and be able to use across multi OS's. I do wonder if it would be an issue though with the ways you can buy their software. How would cross OS work if you bought Serif on the Apple App Store or Windows Store? Would they have to sell those cheaper because those are locked to their specific OS? As you did say the software is not expensive, it is a great value for the dollar with very feature rich software.