You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding Items to Assets Stretches Text

On adding assets made up from vector shapes and text to the Assets panel, any text in the asset gets stretched. Sometimes the stretch is small, sometimes it's large. This means the stored assets are of little use.

Screenshot Stretched Text.jpg

You can:

It looks like this might be an Artboard problem.

It seems to work fine if I first copy and paste the assets to a new document (No Artboard), and add them to Assets from there. To be on the safe side, I'll also save the new document as a backup assets file.

You can:

16 hours ago, LeeThorpe said:

Hi Chris, 

I'm not able to reproduce this issue, are you on the latest version of Designer? (1.10.5)

Would it be possible to export one of your Assets with the issue (using the small 3 line burger menu in the Asset Panel) and sending it to us here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/SSXvhr4ZS6bC3uTg5uHf

Lee

Hi Lee

I've exported something from the Assets hamburger menu. It's hard to tell what is being exported, so you may have all my assets! Thanks for looking into it.

I am using AD 1.10.5 on Mac OS Catalina V 10.15.7, Late 2012 iMac 27"

Cheers

Chris

You can: