You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, thomaso said:

That means, a MAS purchase "just" reduces via the macOS 'family share' feature the number of separate installation procedures for additional users on one computer, while both, MAS + Serif Store purchase do allow family sharing, – correct?

It means that a registered family member can use their own Apple ID to install the app purchased by another family member -- they do not need to use (or even know) the Apple ID & password of the family member who purchased the app.

2 hours ago, thomaso said:

This makes me wonder why an installed Serif Store purchase does not by default occur in the applications folder for other users but requires an extra installation process for other users on the same hardware?

I am not sure what you mean. By default an app purchased from the Affinity Store is installed in the top level Applications folder, so it is already usable by any other user of that Mac, unless they have a managed user account, one where an admin user has restricted their use of that specific app (or any other app, wherever it was bought).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 hours ago, R C-R said:

I am not sure what you mean. By default an app purchased from the Affinity Store is installed in the top level Applications folder, so it is already usable by any other user of that Mac,

Correct. Stupid me, I had tried before on an old mac which has a second user – but I was not aware that this mac did not have Affinity installed at all. 😬

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Have the delevoper team starting to working yet after covid and vacation halt?

It’s time to begin the work of ending the development of Publisher for iPad, but, perhaps this is lowprioritized just now…

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

• Staff
55 minutes ago, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

Have the delevoper team starting to working yet after covid and vacation halt

Halt?....HALT??

We are a tech company. The management facilitated secure working from home by the end of March 2020. We never stopped

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

Have the delevoper team starting to working yet after covid and vacation halt?

It’s time to begin the work of ending the development of Publisher for iPad, but, perhaps this is lowprioritized just now…

Do I detect a fading smile?

The Dark Truth Of Joker Movie - YouTube

10 Reasons Why Strategic Plans Fail
Having a plan simply for plans sake - Not understanding the environment or focusing on results - Partial commitment - Not having the right people involved - Writing the plan and putting it on the shelf - Unwillingness or inability to change - Having the wrong people in leadership positions - No accountability or follow through - Unrealistic goals or lack of focus and resources.

Get it?

21 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Halt?....HALT??

We are a tech company. The management facilitated secure working from home by the end of March 2020. We never stopped

Yeah, but, 48 month is a looooong period, and, not been able to release Publisher seems to be some record in slow development!

But, Serif Labs really loves to get their customers pissed, and I are one of many that are sick of tire of software from you that are delayed, missing functionalities, and, employed that are unfriendly against us customers…

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

• Staff
18 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

They never offered me a beer!

Apologies PaoloT, please come out for a beer with us. 🍻

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

20 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Apologies PaoloT, please come out for a beer with us. 🍻

I assume that Affinity 2.0 will be released in September or October. From a marketing point of view, it is difficult to imagine that no new version with new functions will be released in 2022. Unless the customers who have already bought the software and are waiting for improvements and new features are not that important to Serif.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I assume that Affinity 2.0 will be released in September or October. From a marketing point of view, it is difficult to imagine that no new version with new functions will be released in 2022. Unless the customers who have already bought the software and are waiting for improvements and new features are not that important to Serif.

No no no - it ain’t be any 2.0 this year, and, not a release of Publisher for iPad before summer 2023…

The current status for Publisher for iPad is that everything is ready for release, BUT, the Studio Link technology is still too unstable to release this year…

12 hours ago, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

No no no - it ain’t be any 2.0 this year, and, not a release of Publisher for iPad before summer 2023…

The current status for Publisher for iPad is that everything is ready for release, BUT, the Studio Link technology is still too unstable to release this year…

I see that @Patrick Connor is confused about this reply I did concerning Publisher for iPad?

Patrick, you may agree that IF Serif Labs had an stable version of Publisher already they certainly would give us an exact date for release, BUT, it ain’t stable in current beta version running on an M1 iPad with iPadOS 16.1 beta 1…

That’s the problem… So, everybody here on this forum longing for Publisher to our beloved iPad - don’t sit up waiting for this just now, aim the release to next summer so you guys don’t get upset…

1 hour ago, Catshill said:

Nottingham is a good place to get beer,

If I recall correctly, it has (arguably) the oldest pub in the country: The Old Trip to Jerusalem!

Let's just talk about beer here. 'Much more interesting than self-appointed "experts" making baseless speculations and telling Serif how to run their company!

As there are so many experts on software development and running a business around here, I wonder why they don't develop their own software and start up a business selling it, rather than coming here to tell Serif how they should be doing it! I'm sure that would make us all smile!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

15 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Let's just talk about beer here.

Best comment of the 8 pages so far
I'm sure you'll understand that I don't often venture north of Watford Gap but quite recently we went to York where every other building is a pub so I vote York as beer capital of England. However, beer capital of the world would have to be Antwerp.hiding emoji from emojigraph.org

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

I wonder is Serif would ever consider some tools for signmakers/plotter users. It's a large potential market. Bespoke sign programs are a fortune to buy and with Adobe and Corel following the very unpopular subscription model it could be lucrative. Support for vba is another option so 3rd parties could write macros/plugins. There are many free and paid for macros that significantly add usability to Crel Draw.

45 minutes ago, Alan Drury said:

There are many free and paid for macros that significantly add usability to Crel Draw.

Hi @Alan Drury,
what a choice to start with the Affinity Forums! … Welcome in a World of Foam & Bubbles … :234_unicorn:

1402265715_foambubblesAffinity0.thumb.jpg.841d3abb486dd1b744ad3da6667052e2.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

14 hours ago, Alan Drury said:

Support for vba is another option so 3rd parties could write macros/plugins.

Much better solution is Python or JavaScript. Personally, I prefer Python.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

1 hour ago, NNN said:

Much better solution is Python or JavaScript. Personally, I prefer Python.

Apparently we will have to learn (I will anyway) Javascript. Not sure when it is coming but a moderator said this is the choice that was made.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:09 AM, Old Bruce said:

Apparently we will have to learn (I will anyway) Javascript. Not sure when it is coming but a moderator said this is the choice that was made.

My suspicion is that decision has long since been abandoned...  Like the DAM that was also promised in these threads.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

On 8/29/2022 at 6:15 AM, BAKAI said:

I will also pay monthly subscription fee if they provide a payment solution in INR properly.

The Subscription-Licensing-Model at Adobe was one of the main Reasons why I switched to Affinity. I am happy to pay a certain Amount for Updates, but I definitely don't want a Abo where the Software stops working if I quit Subscription.

2 hours ago, MartinHH said:

The Subscription-Licensing-Model at Adobe was one of the main Reasons why I switched to Affinity. I am happy to pay a certain Amount for Updates, but I definitely don't want a Abo where the Software stops working if I quit Subscription.

I agree. Same here.

Today, AffinityTutorials had a tweet on Twitter that Serif Labs is releasing Publisher for iPad this year - hmmm…

I’m very scepical about that…

People that have seen latest beta version of Publisher witness about unstabilities, and, still missing functionalities from ”big” Publisher om Mac/Win…

So, believe that Serif will be able to release Publisher this year must be nuts…

BTW, Yandex Translate does Polish to English very well.

BTW, Yandex Translate bardzo dobrze radzi sobie z polskim na angielski.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, GRAFKOM said:

Chcę dać ci moje pieniądze, które trzymam za aktualizację CorelDraw (znacznie więcej pieniędzy niż 3 programy Affinity).
Daj mi powód, aby te pieniądze trafiły do Serif, a nie corelDraw.
Naprawdę, chciałbym dać ci dużo pieniędzy na programy, które mam nadzieję, że są tworzone (po prostu powiedz nam o tym) i które nie będą miały wielu błędów.
Nie chcę niczego za darmo - zarabiam pieniądze tworząc za pomocą twojego oprogramowania.

I want to give you my money, which I keep for updating CorelDraw (much more money than 3 affinity programs).
Give me a reason for this money to go to serif, not CorelDraw.
Really, I'd like to give you a lot of money for programs that I hope are being created (just tell us about it) and that won't have many bugs.
I don't want anything for free-I make money creating with your software.

I fully agree with Grafkom. PLEASE don't go disappear on us (or get sold to a corporation that will start charging rent instead). I'm eager to give Serif my money (while my family still has an income) for additional programs (Video editing? Comic creation?) or useful plugin modules for specific tasks.