You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, Customer Feedback said:

As I have written before, Serif seriously needs a serious forum for commercial use of Affinity, and also for very ambitious customers. 

As I have also written before, the forum is more like a political youth party forum than a customer forum. All the little useless emotion driven posts that do no good, just fill in with noise. And then you have obviously not understood the intentions of many of the posts here. Even though it is written in black and white.

It is completely irrelevant to anyone but you that you are happy with the functionality of the program. Have you considered the idea that your needs may be smaller and even MUCH smaller than those of others? Nope, you sure haven't. You just have opinions. And in the midst of your unbridled need to share your own OPINIONS, you scare away those customers who have needs and input that can carry the programs forward from where they are today.

You simply must learn to live with the fact that others disagree with you, and that others have substantially different needs than you. That's what we're writing here - not to you, but to Serif.

And to make it visual. Here's the car you and users are happy with. A lot of us aren't:

image.png.27922e09af174827c296900d1d9203ce.png

Heavy use of the word "you" and "we" (as in you) and poor listening skills. Most of this is projection. There's constructive feedback here, but no reason to attack another user for disagreeing.

1 hour ago, Twolane said:

I think we're all at an impasse.

Yeah... this goes back to how it is impossible to please everyone. I had wished development to be quicker too, but I also know that staff works very hard here to respond to bugs/user reports and the quality of feedback has been relatively consistent on that level (at least for me...). I've worked in development, so I'm aware that ambitions often outpace reality, which is very often. Probably the development team is just as stressed by the slower progress given the ambitions especially if there are obstacles. If I think about the program being an initial foundation in progress, it's easier to set realistic expectations. Adobe and other alternatives still exist if the needs arise.

People who use the product despite its issues and is "just enough" for them are perfect for the forum, because they're giving the most consistent feedback as far as bugs are concerned. It's very easy to come in with "to the moon" advice with the comparison to Adobe and for that to get lost in the growing pile of massive expectations. I can understand where some people might feel "unheard".

On 7/15/2022 at 6:42 PM, debraspicher said:

I get it to a degree because many of us signed up early on based on the Adobe-killer aspect and so some are understandably upset/frustrated with the lack of murdering.

LOL.

I get that it may take a while to fully catch-up with that other company, but, on the flip side, it feels like QXP is limping around with a broken leg and perhaps foaming at the mouth a little possibly due to rabies, so I would not be disappointed if Affinity went for the easy kill first, you know?

• Staff
33 minutes ago, Optische Ausrichtung said:

True (and interesting that it has a name, thanks), but it's also only fair to give some indication of the shape of the future, and particularly manage expectations.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Optische Ausrichtung said:

Going on some of the posts from people who get upset about having to pay for v2 of the Affinity Suite (when it comes), they would probably have bought the Osbourne 1 computer, and then expected to be given all future versions of it for free!  😄

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 7/20/2022 at 1:30 PM, PaulEC said:

Going on some of the posts from people who get upset about having to pay for v2 of the Affinity Suite (when it comes), they would probably have bought the Osbourne 1 computer, and then expected to be given all future versions of it for free!  😄

That's exactly what I do. I thought it would be offered to me.

On 7/16/2022 at 4:33 PM, Customer Feedback said:

For our part, we don't have the time or the business case to wait so many years for bug fixes or features, as has been the case since 2014. But we are only starting to evaluate now, so we hope the future is not like the past is described here in the forum (and in the release notes).

Be happy with the business choice you make.

Best regards!

• Staff

LOL. nope

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

21 minutes ago, Fritz_H said:

My guessing: Serif/Affinity will merge with another Company. Perhaps Adobe? perhaps Corel?

Why I guess this:
No Updates, no Betas, no new Videos on YouTube, hardly any new videos by James Ritson, no teasers for new features of upcoming releases..

again: just my private assumption.

They seem to have a pretty good grip on the market, they'd just throw away a bunch of money by going for the short term profit of being bought out.

4 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

My guessing: Serif/Affinity will merge with another Company. Perhaps Adobe? perhaps Corel?

Why I guess this:
No Updates, no Betas, no new Videos on YouTube, hardly any new videos by James Ritson, no teasers for new features of upcoming releases..

again: just my private assumption.

Can we have a facepalm 'Like' option...

On 7/20/2022 at 5:18 AM, Optische Ausrichtung said:

Interesting bit of history. Never knew the exact strategy, but it makes sense... we live in an age where fast moving information makes it more difficult to conduct business "as normal". Especially anything tech-related, people want to know what is happening ASAP with as fast as tech moves...

8 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

LOL. nope

Thank goodness.

8 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

If Adobe were to buy them, that would be the end of Serif/Affinity.  Probably the same with Corel.

If the next "big thing" isn't a v2 release, maybe it's a name change from Serif to Affinity.  Or maybe both.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:50 AM, BrianG61UK said:

I smell version 2.x at an unknown distance.

Is this the case with a very delayed Publisher for iPad?

Is everything going to be version 2.0 in the same time when Publisher for iPad is to be released??

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…