You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Understanding the difference between the adjustment tab from the studio and when i selct the adjustment tab in layers

i ihave not used the adjustment tab from the studio because I don't care to see icons for basic tasks BUT never realized it has functions different from launching adjustments from the icon in the layers pallet. For instance it became apparent to me when I tried to use LUTs. What am I missing and not understanding why the same name "adjustment" yields different features depending upon where it is launched?

Also I have a suggestion for a possibly easy addition.  after I create a selection and then create a spare channel I try to always name that channel. It would be a real nice time saver if you had a check box appear at that time offering to save the spare channel with a new name.

this is not a big problem but would certainly be a nice convenience

Thanks

Jerry

6 hours ago, JerryYachats said:

For instance it became apparent to me when I tried to use LUTs

Can you explain what you observed ?

In essence, you can save presets, and when you haven’t yet saved a preset, you can’t choose it. So you can always create one from scratch, but only reuse those you have saved before. 
despite from that, I don’t know any difference.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

11 hours ago, JerryYachats said:

What am I missing and not understanding why the same name "adjustment" yields different features depending upon where it is launched?

What makes you think so? Try this:
1. Select a layer.
2. Assign an Adjustment via the Layers Panel.
3. Do not close the adjustment options window.
4. From the main menu "Layer" choose this adjustment name once more.
5. You will see no change in the still open adjustment options window.
– optional: Now you can toggle in the Layers Panel between this two adjustments by clicking their layers.

If you see a change, what are the differences?

p.s.: are they 8? 😉
1383685194_findedie8unterschiede.jpg.4b6de70ac88b4a751ee6d2e478c642f3.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

If you see a change, what are the differences?

p.s.: are they 8?

One for each leg from the itsy bitsy spider.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.