You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about reinstallation with new license

Hello,

I recently bought 1 license for each of your products for Windows (Photo, Designer and Publisher).

The PC on which I installed the programs was previously used by another person who had his own Affinity Publisher license, who uninstalled the software more than one year ago.

I also deleted the affinity folder in appdata/roaming before installing the programs.

The "problem" is that, after installing Photo and Designer, the authorization wizard asked for the product key, for Designer it asked only for logging into my Affinity account and not for the product key.

Then I installed all additional contents and also if I go to my account all 3 programs show in the authorized software tab.

But I was wondering if if there is a way to check on which serial key Affinity Publisher has been authorized.

I installed first Designer and it asked for product key/email; then installed Publisher and it asked just to log in into my account; finally I installed Photo and it asked for product key/email.

Thank you very much.

Perhaps this FAQ will help:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

it solved the problem.

I just deleted the license file (which was the old one) and it asked for a new one once I started again the program.

There was also a "Common" folder in Program Data but it was made up of empty folders and I left it there :)

Also I believe that the new installation would have overwritten any remnants of the old one, except the license file.

Thank you!

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1