You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I cannot see text frames and I cannot visibly see what I have tried to select on a document I saved a week ago (I've been out of town, I don't think it has been touched)

There is no text frame to allow me to move and when I want to edit a word I cannot select the word.  i can apply styles, but cannot see what I am applying it to (and generally have to do it word by word).  I am on Mac Catalina on a Desktop.

I'm attaching a screen shot of a page in my document.  I have show margins (basically everything but baselines is supposed to show) and I can't see anything.  I need to shorten a text box which is now going over my footer, and I have no way to do that.  I cannot move my tables (or edit them).  Something is very wrong.  It is 6:30 pm my time.  I rebooted my computer after a week away today.  I will reboot it again now, but seriously, this is way off.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 6.24.26 PM.png

Edited by Jill Wolcott
Adding screen shot; additional information

Check to make sure you are in the right Persona, it should be the red/orange icon, I'm on Catalina and unfortunately I can't reproduce your issue, would you mind uploading the file?

1116926857_Screenshot2022-06-30at07_06_18.png.9af699ad1d223b40e339cc6d2c157f59.png

You also have a typo on suggested ;)

1404543370_Screenshot2022-06-30at07_08_49.png.367916eccdedf279935fb7988e02c100.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 hours ago, Jill Wolcott said:

It is working today, and I don't believe it was the persona because I had the proper tool box.

Just a side note: Visually your screenshot looks like the space key was pressed on your keyboard. This allows to select objects / text frames in the Layers panel and to assign text styles but would not prevent you from editing text but rather write blank space characters once a text frame got entered (e.g. via double-click).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1