You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I cancel level adjustments

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Just think of it as a (unique to each individual levels layer) Preset, not a History entry.

But technically it would in fact be an history entry and thus increase file size, or (if lost when the document is closed) at least a current use of RAM during a session. Even if not that much.

How do you know what is saved in each of the various hidden memory histories? You would just see many "Recall" buttons across the UI – without any hint what each of them might contain, except "at a moment I liked that". That is why I said I would lose the overview.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

45 minutes ago, thomaso said:

How do you know what is saved in each of the various hidden memory histories?

If these were more like presets than history states, they could be named, but I doubt that would be worth implementing.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, R C-R said:

they could be named,

It's getting strange more and more. The user would name it?
Who would do that, and with what words, e.g. "nice", nice 2", "great", "maybe", "Monday 4pm", "70, 50, 100", …?

Just a reminder: There are memory recall options already, for instance …
… working with a copy of an adjustment layer
… copying a page or artboard
… doing a save-as of the entire document
… using the history panel (where each applied adjustment state exists)

Or is this feature even meant to store settings which never got applied but were just tried? Like colour settings which get set just to look at … 😱

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

As a feature it would be niche. As I previously stated I doubt that I would ever use it but it would have some use for some people.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 minutes ago, thomaso said:

It's getting strange more and more. The user would name it?

Yes, the user would have to name it, like they do for user-created presets. But just like for naming presets, it is hard to come up with a short, unique, descriptive name, & most users probably would not bother doing that anyway, which is why I said it probably would not be worth implementing.

5 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Just a reminder: There are memory recall options already ...

Yes, I think they are enough for most uses, at least for those who can plan far enough ahead to use them. Personally, the one I would use most often is to make one (or more) copies of the adjustment layer, maybe giving them names when needed, & toggling them on & off to see which one(s) I like.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7