You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi WalterBeiter,

It isn't currently possible to centre text horizontally and vertically this is likely to be a feature of Publisher however so it will most likely be added to Designer as well.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I'm not sure this will help you..

Select your text AND the background. Use the Align tool  and align vertically and horizontally.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

You can manually center the text vertically and horizontally by using the character and paragraph panel and adjusting them.  It's not automatic but it will get you close.  Save your document and then in the future if you ever need to change your text, you won't have to do this again.

post-4966-0-08566700-1450965046_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-41660200-1450965047_thumb.jpg

Hi WalterBeiter,

It isn't currently possible to centre text horizontally and vertically this is likely to be a feature of Publisher however so it will most likely be added to Designer as well.

C

I really hope it is more than "likely" the ability to align text vertically and horizontally will be added to Designer. It's a graphic design software. Full control over text alignment is essential to graphic design. Please do not let this be one of the "features" that distinguish Publisher from Designer.

I really hope it is more than "likely" the ability to align text vertically and horizontally will be added to Designer. It's a graphic design software. Full control over text alignment is essential to graphic design. Please do not let this be one of the "features" that distinguish Publisher from Designer.

Definitely agree. This is something I've been waiting since AD came out. This is a standard feature wich every software has, that handles any kind of text box. 

So, big thumbs up for this "feature".

Generally speaking, I think it usually much better to "center" text visually than mathematically.

Christmas Blessings to All,

Bob

I suppose that is something open for debate. I do it both ways and sometimes, I agree, visually centered looks better than mathematically centered. But to me that is not really the issue. Graphic design software should be capable of centering text vertically and horizontally wether the designer chooses to use it or not.