You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flip brush, Flip Canvas, plus some more

Hello there, and merry christmas to you - Now here's some feature requests, which I believe that none of us can live without. Now some of them have been postet before, but I remember Matt saying something along the lines "Oh my mistake, I thought we already added this"

See my begging sheet 

Now the "plus some more" part was just to get your attention, or scare you away.

post-4311-0-83859900-1450958552_thumb.jpg

Hi Paekke,

You can set a custom shortcut for Default Colours. It's in the miscellaneous section (second dropdown). Works for both Pixel and Draw Personas.

will do asap, thanks. I have been looking for default colors in the custom shortcuts, didn't see it, but will look again.

BTW, does the shortcuts work in both AD and AP? What I mean is, once I've saved shortcuts in AD, can I import into AP without risk?

Also I wish you could search for anything including functions and shortcuts, shapes ect. inside the preference panel.

For horizontal canvas flipping I use ALT+CMD+SHIFT+Left Arrow

Works bot in AP and AD.

I'd add alpha painting for Paintbrush tool to the list.

Now it works with CMD+paint but for pixel tool only.

flip horizontal only flips layer, not canvas  :(

I definitely support "Search shortcuts"

- actually it would be nice if you could also search the shortcut commands like "cmd +) and then get shortcuts that use that command. Because when the yellow rectangle shows up I sometimes do not know where I've used the same shortcut....

Aus a more compact brush list would also be welcomed :)

• Staff

will do asap, thanks. I have been looking for default colors in the custom shortcuts, didn't see it, but will look again.

BTW, does the shortcuts work in both AD and AP? What I mean is, once I've saved shortcuts in AD, can I import into AP without risk?

There's no default shortcuts for Default colours as far as i know. You have to set it up manually trough Custom Shortcuts.

Since program's functions/menus are different from one app to the other i don't think it's a good idea to mix their shortcuts's files.

...Because when the yellow rectangle shows up I sometimes do not know where I've used the same shortcut....

If you place your cursor over the yellow triangle for a few moments a tooltip should appear telling you where it's also being used.

There's no default shortcuts for Default colours as far as i know. You have to set it up manually trough Custom Shortcuts.

Since program's functions/menus are different from one app to the other i don't think it's a good idea to mix their shortcuts's files.

If you place your cursor over the yellow triangle for a few moments a tooltip should appear telling you where it's also being used.

Thanks MEB :)  Also it could be cool if you were able to filter out all of the custom shortcuts you have set, there's an option to reset, so I guess AD AP knows which ones you have added, should be fairly simple to add, but a big help to keep track of what the user add's over time, just in case one forgets  :D

I can't figure out how to set color to default, or whatever it says above. Maybe I'm saying the same thing, but for Photo, it would be nice to have shortcut keys to set paint brush colour to "Black" and "White", so when trying to use the quickmask, you can add and subtract from your desired selected area. Hope that makes sense.

With quickmask on: White adds, Black subtracts.

Command+Shift+W = Set brush color to white

Command+Shift+B = Set brush color to black

Thanks!

It´s in the Miscellaneous section and is labeled "Set Fill to Black and White"

- may be helpful to be able to search the keyboard shortcut items in the future 

That's not what I meant. That will reset those colors to black and white if they are not black and white. I'm talking about turning on the quickmask, selecting the paint brush tool, using white to select what you want(like a face) and then selecting black to unselect(like the eyes). That shortcut does not exist. Even if it's a toggle. Currently you have use the white, then move your mouse and select the black, then move the mouse again, and go back and deselect what you don't want. Hope this makes sense. Turn on the quick mask and you'll see what I mean.

Ok, I'm drunk.

ALT+CMD+SHIFT+Left Arrow 

Allows to clip entire document, so Canvas.

on my machine it only flips selected layers. Can you pinpoint the right one in the preferences please, I can't find any option that allows to flip canvas, maybe I'm blind  :wacko:

The command I use is under Document > Flip Horizontal

Geeez, I'm both blind and stupid, can we try again?..  :blink:  I can't find such thing under the custom shortcuts. :unsure:

Help me Obi Van Limoncelli - You're my only hope  :D

BTW I'm talking AD, but I think that AP should have this option too.

Well it´s cause it´s only available in AP....

Geeez, I'm both blind and stupid, can we try again?..  :blink:  I can't find such thing under the custom shortcuts. :unsure:

Help me Obi Van Limoncelli - You're my only hope  :D

BTW I'm talking AD, but I think that AP should have this option too.

AD has no document label in the top cause it has the document setup button in the top bar which AP does not have....I guess it´s ok to get a bit confused by that 

one thought: if you create the Document > flip command in AP and export the keyboard layout and reimport it in AD, maybe that works cause they share the same backend? But maybe it does not....not shure on which level they connect the keyboard shortcuts and the commands

now, it would be nice if you could click that triangle, and Affinity would show all conflicting parts.This way you could easily change them.