Jump to content

Is it still not possible to make one object the same size as another..?


Recommended Posts

Hi,

Without having to painstakingly type in the dimensions in the transform panel for each object?

What if I wanted to have alphabetical letters, say B-Z, be the same size as "A"?  Just an exaggeration, but not by much!

I am using Place to line up rope letters (that I bought) one after another. They came in .png format.

-pw

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can copy and paste dimensions in the Transform panel, so it’s not quite as tedious as typing them, but there’s no ‘Same Size’ command.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.10 • Designer for iPad 1.10 • iPadOS 15.6 (iPad Air 2)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, filoplume said:

Hi,

Without having to painstakingly type in the dimensions in the transform panel for each object?

What if I wanted to have alphabetical letters, say B-Z, be the same size as "A"?  Just an exaggeration, but not by much!

I am using Place to line up rope letters (that I bought) one after another. They came in .png format.

Seeing as they are PNGs I would use Publisher and its Picture Frames to automatically size the placed PNGs in 26 same sized Picture Frames.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 11.6.8

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Seeing as they are PNGs I would use Publisher and its Picture Frames to automatically size the placed PNGs in 26 same sized Picture Frames.

Thank you Bruce.  Good suggestion as I want to use Publisher any way.  Didn't think of using a Picture Frame instead of Place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 8:16 AM, Old Bruce said:

Seeing as they are PNGs I would use Publisher and its Picture Frames to automatically size the placed PNGs in 26 same sized Picture Frames.

How would I insert content into the picture page?  Can I duplicate that picture frame then? 

How do I make sure that they all are the same size?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, filoplume said:

How would I insert content into the picture page?  Can I duplicate that picture frame then? 

How do I make sure that they all are the same size?

You can place the images in the Picture Frames as usual, e.g. via the Place Image Tool.

Yes, duplicate them – best before filling them.

Create 1 Picture Frame –> set its property "Scale to Max Fit" –> cmd|ctrl J to duplicate

You can scale them all together as long they are on 1 page/spread. For full page images use a Master Page for the Picture Frame, then scroll through the document while placing the images (or zoom out to see more pages).

macOS 10.14.6, MacBookPro Retina 15" + Eizo 27"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, filoplume said:

Hi,

Without having to painstakingly type in the dimensions in the transform panel for each object?

What if I wanted to have alphabetical letters, say B-Z, be the same size as "A"?  Just an exaggeration, but not by much!

I am using Place to line up rope letters (that I bought) one after another. They came in .png format.

-pw

 

If you have APhoto you can use File > New Batch Job to batch process all the png files to new png files specifying the width and height, once, for all of them 

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now was our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, thomaso said:

You can place the images in the Picture Frames as usual, e.g. via the Place Image Tool.

Yes, duplicate them – best before filling them.

Create 1 Picture Frame –> set its property "Scale to Max Fit" –> cmd|ctrl J to duplicate

You can scale them all together as long they are on 1 page/spread. For full page images use a Master Page for the Picture Frame, then scroll through the document while placing the images (or zoom out to see more pages).

Thank you.  Works great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, carl123 said:

If you have APhoto you can use File > New Batch Job to batch process all the png files to new png files specifying the width and height, once, for all of them 

How about that!  I do have Affinity Photo.

 

To steal your line: "Due to the fact that Joe Biden is now our President, the lack of a pulse or brain waves will never be worried about ever again." ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.