You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recovery saving interval setting & number of backup copies

Yesterday, I started doing production work in Affinity and I have already lost nearly all my work due to the software hard-crashing every hour or so (with hardware acceleration disabled). The recovery files seem to have been saved over an hour ago and are completely worthless whenever I need them. Please let me change the autosave settings to be at a five minute interval and let me decide the number of copies to save for the file so they cannot end up being corrupted or overwritten.

There is no autosave function there is only a file recovery option. You can set the time interval for this in Edit > Preferences > Performance.

But you really need to resolve your underlying crashing problem

Do you have any crash logs you can upload to the forum?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 4 months later...

I have noticed an error on recovery files, and it seems to force you to close the file after trying to save it because the recovery data gets corrupted somehow. There's a discussion on recovery files (linked) here where I have maybe found a little work around for the corruption. It does not solve the overall discussions happening about auto saves and the like :

6 minutes ago, Ian R said:

I have noticed an error on recovery files, and it seems to force you to close the file after trying to save it because the recovery data gets corrupted somehow.

Do you experience these issues with V2? (I am still in V1 but would expect this got solved in V2)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1