You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik collection 5 not working - problem solved

I recently purchased Nik Collection 5 including the PhotoLab 5 offer.

I think I followed the instalation instructions, but got into a mess. So I uninstalled all Nik related items and started again.

The files are installed ina directory titled Affinity Photoshop Plugins. There are 2 directories  "DXO" and "Nik Collection"

My computer is  dell Precision 7540 running Windows 11 and the system tyoe is 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

The installation into Affinity Photo seemed quite normal. An image of the preferences->olugins panel is shown below. However, when I load an image in Affinity and look for the Nik plugins under the filters tab, all seem to be there but greyed out.

Advice please. 

(I did enter the activation code during an early attempt to install, and I have not been asked for it since, even though I have uninstalled. The individual Nik components seem to work in standalone version)

advice please

PluginPref.jpg

greyed list.jpg

@GrahamMYC It would help if you would tell us what your solution was. If others have the same problem, then your solution might well work for them.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

well - it is embarrasing! Had I been able to delete the post, I would have done

Fundamentally,Nik collection needs to be applied to a pixel layer.

Also, I found some difficulty in dealing with afphoto files. My solution was to create a merge visible layer, then save as a tiff file. Then I opened the tiff file and applied filters-> plugingins ->Nik Collection and it worked

Common sense really, but at the age of 80, I think I can plead impending dementia!!

6 hours ago, GrahamMYC said:

Also, I found some difficulty in dealing with afphoto files. My solution was to create a merge visible layer, then save as a tiff file. Then I opened the tiff file and applied filters-> plugingins ->Nik Collection and it worked

You should be able to apply the plugin to the newly made Merge Visible layer. Just be certain that the Affinity Document is the proper bit depth for that particular plugin, meaning 8 bits or perhaps 16 bits but not 32 bits. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.