You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

7 minutes ago, Marko Grafiko said:

AND WHY DON'T YOU PUT THAT WHEN YOU BUY?

The information is there in the feature list as I showed above.

6 minutes ago, Marko Grafiko said:

THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY TO EAT WITH THE BETA

I don’t understand what you mean by that.

The bottom line here is that Serif need to make money to continue trading and updating the software.
Since they don’t use a subscription-based licencing model they need to get that money some other way.
Asking users to pay for major upgrades is the way they have decided to do that.
That’s just how it is.

If you purchased the licence for use of the software directly from Serif, they have 14-day refund period – you can email affinityreturns@serif.com to start that process.

If you purchased from Apple or Microsoft then you would need to contact the company you purchased from to see if you can get a refund - Serif have no control over purchases from other companies.

By the way, version 2.x is not an update. It's a major version. Updates are x.yy.zzz (e.g. 1.10.1342). And Upgrades are x.yy (e. g. 1.11.).

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Probably the intention of this thread is a fraud. In my experience, it is completely usual that manufacturers of software take money for major releases and only offer updates for free. The only exceptions from this rule are Open Source and Freeware releases.

Also developers of software have to pay their bills. This will not work if they sell their products for only one Cyber Monday or Black Friday special price for the whole life. Of course I would like to get everything I want to have for free, but I also want to get great software. So, I'm afraid, I need to pay for it sometimes.

28 minutes ago, Marko Grafiko said:

https://oxygenbuilder.com/pricing/. I.E. one of the best website builders, and no scam

Any provider has its own solutions to finance themselves. Some may also use commercials. For example the font manager I'm working with (FontBase) offers the choice to pay 3 $ per month, 29 $ per year or 128 $ for the whole life for the so called "Awesome"-version (full version). But I'm not sure if this will also include upcoming major releases. If it would, there would not be very much motivation to make reasonable inventions for it, I think. As I said, some providers even offer their software for free, as freeware. If it works for them, it's okay for me. But I have never seen a really considerable Image Editing software, Vector Graphics or DTP-App as freeware. And there might be good reasons for it. In fact there is a lot of developement in those apps. And if you compare Affinity Apps to others, you will see that they are in fact much more inexpensive than its competitors.

• Staff

@Marko Grafiko

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums 

We have a 14 day refund policy if you purchased from the Affinity Store, and any refund requests for purchases made directly through the Mac app store or the Windows store are dealt with by them.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Marko Grafiko said:

They say that in version 2.0, Serif will ask us for money again to update. I bought the 3 applications and that was not said.

Just in case: you will NOT be charged again for using your current, purchased app versions and may use them without any change even if version 2 will be released. An Update from v1 to v2 will be rather an Upgrade – and an offer, not a must.

However, we don't know yet if v1.10.5 will get an v1.x.x update including bug fixes only. Unfortunately some bugs exist since years / early app versions, though they got logged and tagged and bumped by moderators in the forum several times.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

3 hours ago, Marko Grafiko said:

when i buy  It doesn't say anything about the 2.0 update, that's explained on another page, can you give me my money back!?

I really don't get what you thought. Pay once and get all new apps forever? Where did you get that idea? 

"Hey! I bought a brand new Ford! Now, they are telling me, that there will be new models next year with some better features! Nobody told me that Ford would develop new cars and I'd have to pay for them again! Fraud!!!1!!"

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

8 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

What other phrase starts with "sons of"?

Sons of God?
Sons of the West?
Just two that spring to mind.
I understood that it might have been expressed as some kind of insult but I was willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and, maybe, make some kind of retraction if they wanted to.

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Sons of God?
Sons of the West?
Just two that spring to mind.
I understood that it might have been expressed as some kind of insult but I was willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and, maybe, make some kind of retraction if they wanted to.

Or the more common term (check the plural form):

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/son of a bitch