You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Express keys not working CintQ 22HD DTK-2200

Hi Affinity, I have issues when mapping some shortcuts to Wacom Express-keys and On-screen controls do not work.

Affinity Photo.

CintQ 22HD DTK-2200
Drivers: 6.3.46-1 (macOS 10.14 - 12)
Mac OS Monterrey 12.4

Shortcuts function normally when keyboard is manually pressed.
BUT: Some shortcuts do not work correctly when mapped to express key and/or On Screen Control.

SHORTCURTS not working when mapped, nor with pen or mouse:

-View shortcuts (view fit, command+1) and (view 100%, command+0).
If a layer or group is selected in the layer panel at the moment of pressing the express-key:
LAYER OPACITY is changed sometimes to 10%, and after a few clicks it may bring it back to 100%. Erratic behavior.

-Export shortcut (shift+alt+command+S).
Sometimes works, sometimes does not. Erratic behavior.

-Library Macros only are only activated when clicked using the mouse. Using the wacom pen does NOTHING.

SHORTCUTS working properly when mapped to an On Screen Control:
B (brush)
E (eraser)
Color Picker Tool (I)

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi @InigoRotaetxe,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I'd like to assist further here, however I am working from home today and unfortunately do not currently have access to a CintQ - such that I can test the functionality and offer advice.

Therefore I wanted to inform you that we'll be sure to investigate this further on Monday and I will reply ASAP with my suggestions.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding here and my sincerest apologies for the delay.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Apologies for the delay, I have been testing this internally this morning and have found the following:

On 6/23/2022 at 3:40 PM, InigoRotaetxe said:

-View shortcuts (view fit, command+1) and (view 100%, command+0).
If a layer or group is selected in the layer panel at the moment of pressing the express-key:
LAYER OPACITY is changed sometimes to 10%, and after a few clicks it may bring it back to 100%. Erratic behavior.

I have been able to replicate this and have logged it with our developers.

-Export shortcut (shift+alt+command+S).
Sometimes works, sometimes does not. Erratic behavior.

Unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this, as the Export dialog is always showing for me when using the shortcut. Does this not initialise following a certain workflow? ie just after adding a layer, or if you save the file and then export, it doesn't always show? Any more information regarding your steps here could certainly help.

-Library Macros only are only activated when clicked using the mouse. Using the wacom pen does NOTHING.

This is a known issue which is already logged with our developers - I'll be sure to 'bump' this with your report now.

SHORTCUTS working properly when mapped to an On Screen Control:
B (brush)
E (eraser)
Color Picker Tool (I)

These are all working for me, both in the Designer and Pixel Persona of the app - of course when in the Designer Persona the (e) key to evoke the eraser does nothing, as this tool is in the Pixel Persona only.

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Hi Dan,

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

I have been able to replicate this and have logged it with our developers.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

Unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this, as the Export dialog is always showing for me when using the shortcut. Does this not initialise following a certain workflow? ie just after adding a layer, or if you save the file and then export, it doesn't always show? Any more information regarding your steps here could certainly help.

It happens when using the On Screen Control. Sorry I can not give you any further detail of when does it stop working, today I tried it again and didn't work, so I invoked the export from the menu, upon hit save I did hit the "OnscreenControl export" button accidentally and to my surprise ANOTHER export window popped up while the original one (finder style to select name etc) was still there underneath.

53978419_Screenshot2022-06-27at19_05_21.png.4de91ee1f125f03bb04ffaeee488f195.png357528773_Screenshot2022-06-27at19_06_58.png.c6de5c1e8d34619926a2a51981b6d6da.png

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

This is a known issue which is already logged with our developers - I'll be sure to 'bump' this with your report now.

Good to know,  I hope they solve it soon.

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

These are all working for me, both in the Designer and Pixel Persona of the app - of course when in the Designer Persona the (e) key to evoke the eraser does nothing, as this tool is in the Pixel Persona only.

Thanks for your interest and time Dan.

• Staff

No problem at all, more than happy to help!

17 hours ago, InigoRotaetxe said:

It happens when using the On Screen Control. Sorry I can not give you any further detail of when does it stop working, today I tried it again and didn't work, so I invoked the export from the menu, upon hit save I did hit the "OnscreenControl export" button accidentally and to my surprise ANOTHER export window popped up while the original one (finder style to select name etc) was still there underneath.

My apologies, I was testing Export with Express-Keys and not OSC, thanks for clarifying that for me.

I'm able to replicate similar unwanted behaviour when mapped to an On Screen Control button, so I'll get this logged with our developers now also :)