You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello All,

Has plugin support totally broken with the latest 1.4 release? I tried to get my Topaz plugins working following the instructions in a recent post on this board, but they don't even begin to run and the attached is what I see in Preferences. Maybe I'm pointing AP to the wrong folder? I know I had 'em working at one point... :)

Thanks for any help provided.

post-6411-0-14379500-1450908712_thumb.png

My Topaz Denoise 5 runs as expected. Here is what you could do:

- Add a second path to the plugin search folders: "/".

- To do this, press "Add" and then select the "Macintosh HD" hard disk root. Then press ok. 

- This adds a second path "/". 

- Then restart Affinity Photos and try it out. 

Best regards

BlauerClaus

Thanks, BlauerClaus, not sure why that worked but it did!

That said, however, I see that nothing has really changed since the beginning. The two Topaz plugins that I use the most--Adjust and B&W Effects--are still problematic. The preview once the image opens into Adjust looks nothing like the preview in AP; it seems that there is some sort of color management hand-shaking issue between AP and this plugin. This has been the same issue since Day 1, btw. The B&W Effects plugin just crashes!

How long has AP been out? Wasn't it a Mac App Store app of the year for 2015? All I can think is that AP must not be as popular as we're led to believe, otherwise these issues with plugin support would get worked out.

Anyway, thanks, again...

Kind regards,

Alan

jmac - Thanks, because ya got me to thinking...maybe I should try to simply re-install the product. Re-installed the latest B&W Effects 2 plugin (even though I already had the latest version) and now it works fine!

Bill - I'm running AP 1.4 and, though I haven't tried all the plugins I own, the ones I use the most are working as expected. Try setting up your Preferences plugin area like the attached screenshot. This is what finally worked for me. Good luck! As a side note, though, I still have the issue with the preview in Adjust as noted above.

Kind regards,

Alan

post-6411-0-56950400-1450990054_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

My Topaz Denoise 5 runs as expected. Here is what you could do:

- Add a second path to the plugin search folders: "/".

- To do this, press "Add" and then select the "Macintosh HD" hard disk root. Then press ok. 

- This adds a second path "/". 

- Then restart Affinity Photos and try it out. 

Best regards

BlauerClaus

I did this, plus clicking the checkbox "Allow Unknown plugins to be used. (I also clicked the button for "Open Default Folder in Finder" and copied my Topaz deJpeg plugin from my Photoshop plugins to the AP plugins folder.) When I restarted AP, the plugin was working. I had to re-register the first time I used it, but otherwise, it worked perfectly.