You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hangs (beachball) when trying to save.

This happens in Photo as well, when going to save, export etc, intermittently as soon as the file dialog window opens, the beachball appears and never stops spinning, needs to be force quit. Then second time it works fine. Feels like you have to get the first time crash out of the way to be able to work in it without a problem thereon in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem with a number of apps. I think it's caused by Mac OS waiting for external hard drives to spin up.

You can:

• 1 month later...

Having a similar issue. Designer artwork set to have continuous PNG export in background - as this needs initiating every time file is opened (before working "continuously") Designer suffers a freeze every time. Reopening and then re-initiating export sets it on a steady reliable path for rest of day. Frustrating.

I am not spinning up external drives but do work with synced dropbox - not entirely issue free when it comes to finding links and directories.

Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB RAM running Sonoma 14.2.1
ASUS ProArt screen and Hewlett Packard HD second screen. 
Affinity Suite 2.4.0 and Beta releases

• 1 month later...

Revisiting this as nothing has improved (what's happened to updates anyhow?), I can't even get beyond anything in dropbox folder now, before Affinity crashes. It doesn't do this when I export from Photoshop etc, so it's wholly Affinity that is giving me this problem.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 09.52.50.png

Why don't you guys real a little bit in the forums? It's always 2 threads up or down.. This is an ongoing issue since November 2020 for me. I bet all of you who experience this have Drive, Dropbox, whatever installed, even if not saving to the cloud from affinity.

Anyways, there is NO solution. Force close 1-2 max 3x, then it works fine, until you restart your Mac again. Then, you need to repeat, after every restart.

Don't expect a fix, I've posted this issue in 2020, and still no fix. Maybe V2 will be a better app.