You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Application crashes when creating a new document

Hello,

as the subject describes, the programme keeps crashing when I want to create A4 or other formats. I have already restarted the computer several times and also uninstalled and reinstalled the programme and all three programmes. However, the application always crashes when I try to load the document.

I press Create Document and then it loads for a moment, the application flashes briefly and disappears again. There are no more processes in the task manager and even after waiting for about 2 minutes the application did not appear.

I use Windows 11

Edited by Tobias210

You don't say what Operating system you are on so I'll assume Mac until I see otherwise.

Have you tried this method to reset Affinity, you will lose certain settings, so consider this a "restore to factory default" option.

1. Close down Photo
  2. From the Desktop, Hold down Ctrl and double click on Affinity Photo to open it whilst still holding down Ctrl
  3. This will prompt a new menu. You can leave the top 3 checked and also check the reset brushes option and then press Clear 
    image.png.0f328c505bb7bcd7a9114dd39a92aa83.png
  4. Load back into Photo to confirm you have access.

Also try "I would also confirm that Hardware Acceleration is disabled under Edit > Preferences > Performance."

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Vor 28 Minuten sagte firstdefence:

Sie sagen nicht, auf welchem Betriebssystem Sie sich befinden, also gehe ich von einem Mac aus, bis ich etwas anderes sehe.

Haben Sie diese Methode zum Zurücksetzen von Affinity ausprobiert, gehen bestimmte Einstellungen verloren, betrachten Sie dies also als Option zum Zurücksetzen auf die Werkseinstellungen.

1. Foto schließen
  2. Halten Sie auf dem Desktop die Strg-Taste gedrückt und doppelklicken Sie auf Affinity Photo, um es zu öffnen, während Sie weiterhin die Strg-Taste gedrückt halten
  3. Dadurch wird ein neues Menü angezeigt. Sie können die oberen 3 aktiviert lassen und auch die Option zum Zurücksetzen der Pinsel aktivieren und dann auf Löschen drücken
    image.png.0f328c505bb7bcd7a9114dd39a92aa83.png
  4. Laden Sie zurück in Photo, um zu bestätigen, dass Sie Zugriff haben.

Versuchen Sie auch "Ich würde auch bestätigen, dass die Hardwarebeschleunigung unter Bearbeiten > Einstellungen > Leistung deaktiviert ist."

Unfortunately this did not work, I tried several times, but the programme still crashes when I create a document. But thank you for your explanation.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Tobias210 said:

Unfortunately I couldn't fix the problem... The programs keep crashing.

Hi Tobias, did you check for any crash reports as V_kyr mentioned?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.