You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ice cream sandwich

On 6/21/2022 at 12:41 AM, Josie said:

I [don't know how to] add the filling right where the bite marks are.

Those are just three overlapping crescents, easily drawn with the Crescent Tool.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 6/24/2022 at 12:09 AM, Josie said:

How would I do that with the crescent tool? I’ve tried every which way to do it and it doesn’t work. So I would like you to show me how to do it if you could.

Thanks 

Please see @v_kyr’s video clips in your other thread.

Alfred spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Josie said:

How do I put the filled ice cream bites in there after I do the crescent tool with the corner tool and add them together? Or to any ice cream image that I make for a design?

I don’t understand your question, Josie. The three-crescent shape simply sits on top of the brown popsicle shape, just like all the other little shapes that are included in the design.

Alfred spacer.png

What I meant was when I subtract the popsicle plus the three ellipse pieces then after that how do I set the already made filled 3 crescent shapes so it looks like that?

When I do this in affinity designer this is as far as I get then I get stuck.

Untitled 2.png

With a white drawing background you can just use 3x those crescent shapes (white, brown, white) and place them slightly overlapping and fitting resized together in a group. Then drag and arrange that group to the boundary of the popsicle, so it gives you the looking effect of a bite there.

I show you here just quickly with three overlapping and accordingly sized white-red-white placed clouds here ...

ice-cream.jpg.ec930795919dd814086cdf702b8db9b7.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Alternatively you can also geometrical subtract instead ...

ice-cream2.jpg.679eed762aff28213a2820c43be228bf.jpg

... so that popsicle shape then has got a bite shape (you would of course subtract instead of a cloud probably your 3 crescent shape then). - And afterwards you place another copy/duplicate of your 3 crescent shape slightly right sized/arranged on top of that bite side popsicle shape. That's all!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Always also take a look at what happens and is shown with the layers panel contents. In order to let a specific object disappear, you either select and delete it (remove it's layer), or you keep it and hide it's shown visability (show/hide layer) on the layers panel.

1 hour ago, Josie said:

I’m getting closer, this is what I have so far.

Nearly! - Here's another shown way (see the screencast video), by just using copies of several polygons & a cloud shape (duplicated shape layers, see & inspect the layers panel) since when we are performing a geometrical subtract of two shapes we will otherwise loose the one or other one which we might still need afterwards. So I will make here several copies of shapes in order to still have one if needed.

Looks Ok so far, though to make things even more interesting you can (if you wish) also add some structure or irregularities to the inner white bitten area. - Just take a look on the net how there such ice cream things often look like ...

Domino1.png

domino2.png

1 hour ago, Josie said:

Ok. And if I want to make it look like all one popsicle how would I do that?

Well you should already know everything to do that with all the technics we've shown above. - Aka using several shapes, adjusting shapes, add/subtract one shape from another, group shapes ... etc.  I think you've to learn to identify by looking more closely of what certain such drawings are made from, aka which or what kind of shapes/geometrical forms do I have to use and combine, or substract, in order to get the result I see there on some sample drawing! - And in cases where it's difficult to build a specific shape from those ready available in Affinity, you can always redraw/retrace it manually by hand with pen/pencil with the iPad pencil and then switch to the Node tool and adjust nodes.

17 minutes ago, Josie said:

I watched the video and it was a little to fast for me.

Tap on the ellipsis at the right-hand end of the control console, and then use the menu that pops up to make the video play at half speed.

0C16C9FA-5C51-4B62-8458-ED6574248D8A.jpeg.1c4fc4c1c5e7c303fc89076a509792d0.jpeg

4AB401FF-9E9E-4E63-B59C-5C84D696635B.jpeg.0e2f69d2eccdc4ecf5dde43fec3ec7f2.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png