You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remove decimal points in the stroke width slider

I dont know why its like this. I dont know anybody that needs THAT VERY specific width of a stroke but please remove the decimals in the stroke width slider. Its sooo annoying. Like, I just want whole numbers from 0 to 100. I dont need a very specific stroke width. Its really annoying and upsetting to increase your stroke width from 10pts to 25pts but the slider gives you 25.9pt. And when you try to decrease the width you'll just end up getting 24.6. Or some random decimal number. You can never get it to 25pts. You have to slowy, slowy move the slider to get a whole number or you have to input that whole number. I would have to input 25 just to get to 25pts. Its really nonsense. I just wish it could just be whole numbers. I dont need decimals. No one works like that. No one is saying, " okay, i need to make this stroke 35.3pt exactly so let me slide my slider." No ones working like that. Just let me slide it to 35 whole. And if I DO need THAT specific of a stroke width then I will INPUT 35.3pt. But dont make my slider decimals. Please. Just make it whole numbers. Let me go from 0 to 100pts WITH OUT decimals. Its this game of can you make your slider reach the storke width you want. Keep playing because I'm always going to give you decimals. I dont want to play your game. 

2 hours ago, NathanC said:

Preferences > User Interface

Hi. Thank you for the reply. This "Decimal Places for Unit Types" is only available for Affinity Designer on Desktop. This is NOT available for ADesigner on the ipad app. Which is why a made this post on the "Feedback for Affinity Designer on iPad." I need this feature for the ipad app. 😕 I appreciate you though for replying to me with a solution for desktop AD. ❤️

• Staff
2 minutes ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

Hi. Thank you for the reply. This "Decimal Places for Unit Types" is only available for Affinity Designer on Desktop. This is NOT available for ADesigner on the ipad app. Which is why a made this post on the "Feedback for Affinity Designer on iPad." I need this feature for the ipad app. 😕 I appreciate you though for replying to me with a solution for desktop AD. ❤️

My Bad, need to wear my glasses more often 🙄

2 hours ago, NathanC said:

You can set decimal places for Points to 0 under Preferences > User Interface and this will change the stroke slider to work in whole numbers, however this will in turn round Points everywhere else it appears such as text.

Pretty sure that setting is just a visual representation of what you will see using the stroke slider

You can still end up with actual fractional values when using the slider, even if the displayed decimal points is set to zero

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.