You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't upload image onto this forum (Error code: -200) ?!

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.

(Error code: -200)

Anyone have a clue as to what might be happening?

Win 11, ACER Predator PT516-51s, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, RAM - as often as possible B|

AFFINITY DESIGNER 1.10.5.1342

AFFINITY PHOTO 1.10.5.1342

I don’t think we’ve had a definitive answer to this question but, for me, it’s usually because the dimensions (in pixels) of the image are greater than a certain amount – 2000 pixels springs to mind but that might not be correct.
If I remember correctly, sometimes it’s because of a colour profile issue, and sometimes it’s because of the byte-size of the file.
Sometimes it seems like the website simply doesn’t want to ‘play ball’ for no obvious reason.
The best way that I have found to get round this error is experimentation and hope.
See:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/127338-what-is-a-200-error-when-uploading-a-video/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/116456-forum-upload-error-200/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/109188-no-more-uploads/
...and probably others.

In my experience, this is a temporary error on the server - the exact same image (there is definitely no error in it) can eventually be uploaded (perhaps in five minutes).
Personally, I solve this by inserting the post without a picture (with a note that the picture could not be inserted), and then I add it there using Edit.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 hour ago, Pšenda said:

In my experience, this is a temporary error on the server - the exact same image (there is definitely no error in it) can eventually be uploaded (perhaps in five minutes).
Personally, I solve this by inserting the post without a picture (with a note that the picture could not be inserted), and then I add it there using Edit.

Hey Pšenda, thanks for trying to help! I did what you suggested but it did not work for me. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks again!

Win 11, ACER Predator PT516-51s, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, RAM - as often as possible B|

Sometimes just a small change to the file and resaviing it allows the file to upload

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

I don’t think we’ve had a definitive answer to this question but, for me, it’s usually because the dimensions (in pixels) of the image are greater than a certain amount – 2000 pixels springs to mind but that might not be correct.
If I remember correctly, sometimes it’s because of a colour profile issue, and sometimes it’s because of the byte-size of the file.
Sometimes it seems like the website simply doesn’t want to ‘play ball’ for no obvious reason.
The best way that I have found to get round this error is experimentation and hope.
See:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/127338-what-is-a-200-error-when-uploading-a-video/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/116456-forum-upload-error-200/
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/109188-no-more-uploads/
...and probably others.

Hey GarryP, Thanks for trying to help. I followed the links you provided and read what was available. I hope the system doesn't consider me a russian bot. I will try again tomorrow. Have a great day!

8 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Sometimes just a small change to the file and resaviing it allows the file to upload

Hey carl123, Thanks!!! I did what you suggested and it worked. Here's what I did, exported image from AP with a .jpg extention and now it is available in my post. Go to the "Share your work" and it is the one title AFFINITY PHOTO - HAND IN (BOOKCOVER), enjoy!😎

Thanks again!!!