You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to grow every (vector-based) object slightly, in order to make the tiny gaps between them disappear?

Hi again -- I have a file that was produced from an old photo by a free online image vectorizer, jpg to svg in this case.  (I hope that Affinity may someday develop that vectorizing superpower, but for now I am using this as a workaround.)   I got an image that I can make good, but it's got tiny tiny gaps between every shape.  At first I was hoping that this was just a monitor/resolution thing, but I exported as a jpg and the gaps pixelized (see attached).

SO -- here's my point -- is it possible to "Select All" and then grow the size of every shape by a tiny fraction, to preserve the composition of the image but cover up the gaps?  I am pretty sure that I have done this kind of thing before, but maybe not in Affinity yet.  I am learning my way around the structure of all the options, but it is not intuitive to me yet -- is this commend in there someplace, or is there another way to do this without manually Selecting each of the gazillion shapes and resizing by hand?

Thanks so much for any and all advice that you may give.

post-22056-0-48683400-1450878595_thumb.jpg

MrMoran4j(2).svg

• Staff

Hi Allenbham,

This would be achieved using a tool similar to Transform Each in Illustrator however at the moment there isn't tool like this in Affinity but it is on our Roadmap to be added in the future :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.