You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

photo cropping canvas vs image

2 hours ago, ahnay said:

what? i dont have time to go through all the vids?

Who said anything about “all the vids”?? :/

2 hours ago, R C-R said:

Can you include a link to one or more of the Affinity tutorial videos that you think were created as marketing tools

As for your comment

2 hours ago, ahnay said:

The cropping issue? is mute.

why are you talking about it? (Just kidding! It’s clear to me that you actually mean moot.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, NotMyFault said:

I really don’t understand why moderators and forum users feed this troll with attention and replies. All he seems to want is to rant about Serif products and get as much attention as possible. The actual topic (cropping of layers and how Affinity differs from other apps) has been discussed in epic depth and breadth in numerous older threads. I’m really getting annoyed by the repeated lol, crap, junk, joke attributes used by OP wrt to Affinity products.

Of course, I update my ignore list, but as valued members continue to reply this thread always pop up again for me.

This is my first and last post in this matter.

He is a she!  then tell the other to stop!  i mean really, the answer was given above yet 'trolls' like you still keep commenting. Shoo!

38 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Who said anything about “all the vids”?? :/

As for your comment

why are you talking about it? (Just kidding! It’s clear to me that you actually mean moot.)

lol, oh i see.  I meant it this way ' “When somebody in a group makes a good suggestion, but somehow nobody hears it.”'  Its funny though. 😃 have a great day!

• Staff
On 7/3/2022 at 9:24 PM, ahnay said:

its expanding to canvas size i believe.  there must be someplace hidden to turn that stupid function off.

That sounds like you're using the Crop tool in "Resample" mode. The other modes should just crop without resampling.