You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, recently I had to reinstal Affinity Photo and after that font "rage italic" dissapeared. Could you please advice me how is it possible that a lot of fonts are missing now? In addition, my version of the Affinity Photo is up to date and registered.

Welcome this the Serif Affinity forums, @Anonym.

Why did you have to reinstall Photo?

Was that the only thing you did? What kind of system (OS) do you have?

(Note: Photo just uses the fonts you have installed on your system. It doesn't add or delete any fonts.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, Anonym said:

I lost almost all data and software,

I guess one of the lost pieces of software was the font.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Anonym said:

Reinstallation was the only thing I did with Affinity.

But what else did you do, not necessarily with Affinity Photo?

For example, did you also reinstall Windows? If so, most likely you just haven't reinstalled all the fonts you had on the system previously.

Reinstalling or uninstalling Photo would not change the fonts.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Just now, Anonym said:

suppose this version should be always up to date with all components like fonts.

No fonts are included with the Affinity applications, some are available as separate downloads from the Affinity store website.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 minute ago, Anonym said:

sure @Old Bruce but I downloaded .exe from my Affinity account. I suppose this version should be always up to date with all components like fonts. I am not sure if there was a need to add manually some fonts

Affinity Photo does not supply any fonts, and never has. 

-- Walt
PC:

37 minutes ago, Anonym said:

... how is it possible that a lot of fonts are missing now? ... my hard disk broke up. I lost almost all data and software ...

Well if the HD died and you have no backup of all data from that (Windows, apps, fonts etc.), then you have to setup the whole again from scratch. - In case of fonts, those are a system wide reused Windows install and thus you have to download & reinstall the lost fonts (as far as you have no backup of those).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2