You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is Serif actually LGBTQ+ Friendly?

I just ran into a disturbing little post on Twitter I thought I'd share. While the post itself is rather disparaging towards LGBTQ+ rights, it was the 'like' by the Affinity social team that caused me to post this here. I had been a little curious as to why Serif had not posted anything during 🏳️‍🌈pride month, but I dismissed it as them not wanting to position themselves one way or another. Not a position I agree with, but that's their choice. However, in 'liking' this post you've changed that position to one that is actively hostile towards the LGBTQ+ community, referring to it as an 'abnormality'.

I know many folks in the LGBTQ+ community who have happily switched to Affinity and actively promote it to others whenever possible, and it's for that very reason that it's so very disappointing to think that Serif views these customer as 'abnormal'.

I'm hoping this was just an oversight, and not representative of the actual sentiment and beliefs within Serif.

image.jpeg.05361225b4ce27b497ce269d643e3a20.jpeg

• Staff

Hi Bryan Rieger,

I can assure you this tweet doesn't align itself with our views as a company or as individuals, this was almost certainly a mistake and I'll get this rectified asap.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.